1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Girlfreind thinks I wont think shes pretty ?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kiss Da Girl, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Kiss Da Girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I hope this is the right thread ?

But my girlfriend who I love with all my heart , and is the center of my universe told me something that really disturbs me yesterday. Shes terrified of me seeing her stretch marks.

I told her that I actually value stretch marks because they are like the roadmaps / or the history of what our bodys have been through and that I have some myself but she doesnt seem to believe that I would feel that way when I actually see them .

How do I convince or make her see that I will always see her as perfect no matter what ?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do I convince or make her see that I will always see her as perfect no matter what ?

By not doing anything REMOTELY like this.

Perfect is a fiction. NOTHING is perfect, and nothing sounds more like a lie than "you are perfect".

Body-issues are a funny thing, because really nothing you can say that actively addresses the problem is going to help.

If you say it looks good or its fine, they won't believe you

If you agree with them that it looks bad they will be upset.

If you want to do anything, try and remind her that she is worth far more to you than her body.

She isn't perfect, you know that and she knows that. Nobody is. But she IS special to you, far more than anybody else. Part of what makes relationships work is loving someone DESPITE the imperfections they see in themselves and recognising the good instead.

3. Kiss Da Girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay so if im not supposed to do anything like this the damage is done . Will she not believe me now?

I'm scared too and I just really love this girl .Your right she is special to me , but when im around her nobody else even matters. I honestly see her as perfect ,even the silly mistakes she makes I find cute . She is perfect because I find joy in her imperfections.

I honestly just dont know what to do.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Put it this way, you could get every person in the entire WORLD to tell her that her stretch marks are somewhere between 'acceptable' and 'completely sexy' and she probably won't ever see them as anything other than ugly.

You CAN get over things like this, but it takes a lot of work and a lot of self love.

The thing is it's things like saying "she is perfect to me" that SOUND really good but actually aren't.

I bet if I asked you right now, you could tell me a whole bunch of things you could improve or that you don't like about yourself.

Now if I sat here and told you I thought you were perfect in every way, would you believe me?

Of course not, you literally just told me all the things that are wrong with you...or all the things you could pick out.

even the silly mistakes she makes I find cute

If she makes a mistake she isn't perfect by definition. The thing is people here the word 'perfect' and it loses all meaning. Because we all know we aren't perfect. We might be good, even great, but we aren't perfect.

If you say 'you are perfect to me' she is likely to hear 'your problem doesn't mean anything, stop making a big deal about it'.

It's not good for her to think so negatively about herself, and there are things you can do to help that. The first one is to stop saying she is PERFECT to you. She isn't, there will be SOMETHING about her that annoys you even just slightly. She may be better than every other person you've ever met but she isn't perfect and you need to realise it.

Once you've got that done, try and draw attention away from it. Mention her pretty eyes or her cute smile.

She's worried you will see them and be repulsed, and then leave. Remind her that there are a million reasons to stay and she's only given you one to leave.

5. Kiss Da Girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you a ton . I guess I understand where your coming from now. I just wish she wouldnt be down on herself because she is amazing and I do have a million and one reasons why I love her . Something as silly as stretch marks would never make me leave her .

And your right I could pick out a ton of things I hate about myself , and never believe it if somebody told me I was perfect . I was not meaning to tell my princess that her problems are not important to me , because believe me they are . I hope she doesnt think that.

Thank you again so much . :grin:

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem.

Hopefully if you can get her to let her guard down a bit and she will let you see them, she will realise it's not going to put you off and she'll feel a bit better about things :slight_smile:

7. Kiss Da Girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah hopefully . I know if she did she would realize that I love her for who she is not what she looks like.