1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Husband's Job

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by justjade, Apr 21, 2014.

1. justjade

My husband just got a new job, and once again, he's working overnight. It sucks because I work 7am-3pm, and by the time I get home, he's asleep. He doesn't get up until a couple hours before he has to be at work. He's always grouchy anymore, and while I want to be able to spend time with him, he doesn't seem to want to spend time with me.

Another issue I've run into is that he just started this job, and he already wants to quit. He did this with his last 2 jobs, and I swear, I can't take it anymore. I told him that, as much as I want him to be happy, I can't pay the bills by myself. I work a minimum wage, part-time job.

I regret doing this, but I mentioned it to one of my managers, and she said, "It sounds like he just doesn't want to work. You may have to get rid of him." I don't even want to think about that, but it's kind of a repeat of what happened with my ex-husband, except I'm not sleeping with a 16-year-old this time. My ex-husband got a job working overnight at a factory. He was always asleep when I was home. Then we grew apart.

I want to help. I want to make this work, but I don't know what to do. I try to be supportive and tell him it will get better and tell him the same thing he tells me: "It's the same way anywhere you go." I think he's being too idealistic in that he wants a job that pays well but is so easy it's not even worth doing. Maybe my manager was right. Maybe he just doesn't want to work. I've asked him if he's depressed and told him he needs to seek professional help, which is what he did with me, hence the reason I'm seeing a therapist, which has helped a lot.

He's always saying that his feet and back hurt when he gets home, but he literally doesn't enjoy anything anymore. I want to help him. I'm scared. I don't want it to end like this. The worst part is that there's no time to talk about this because he's always sleeping, and if he's not sleeping, he's upset and doesn't want to talk. He also gets angry really easily, not at me, just at video games and food spilling on his shirt and stuff like that.

I am seriously confused. What do I even do? I understand that he may not be expressing himself well because he's depressed, but if he won't get help, what can I do, if anything?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well let me ask u this would if he just quit and didn't work anymore. Would u still wanna be with him? Probably not anyway the best thing u can do is have him seek professional help. And also ask him what he likes to do because there are so many more jobs out there and with the economy going up he's got a good chance of getting a good job. The worst thing that can happen is a divorce but don't rush into anything like that. Professional help of therapy is probably the best thing.

3. justjade

Thanks. I really appreciate it. If he just quit working, I'd want to try to make it work, but I don't know if I could. I actually think he'd do really well working with computers. He's really good with them, and I asked him if perhaps he'd like to work from home repairing computers and smart phones. He said he didn't know, which is better than just straight-up saying no, I guess. He said he doesn't know about seeing a therapist, but I think if things get much worse, he'll come around.

Also, my sister was over today, and it seems like he enjoys himself more when there are other people around than just me. I can't take it personally because I do the same thing.