1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought I was okay with who I am...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Alex94, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I thought I was okay with who I am but lately I have been feeling almost ashamed of how I am, I feel like I am still leading a double life or something... I don't want to feel like this and I am not really sure why I am posting this. Has anyone else had this issue?? :'c

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Yep. Until I accepted myself fully.
    Why are you ashamed?
    I'm kinda living a double life, too.
    And the more I live it the more I'm myself in my 'true' life.:slight_smile:
    Maybe sometimes we can make it to be the whole ourselves!:slight_smile:

3. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I am not really sure why I feel ashamed. I think it might be because people around me (friends and such) make it out to be wrong and maybe I believe them because I have heard it so much? I'm not sure... I want to be happy, be married someday. But the idea of being with a woman "publicly" makes me uncomfortable, I don't think I would be okay with it to be honest... :'c

4. Agaetis Byrjun

Are you uncomfortable with the idea of being with a woman because you're worried that others would react badly or make your life more difficult? Maybe it would be helpful to have a casual, discreet relationship with a woman, and get used to the idea of it, before having to make the relationship public and deal with all that attention.

5. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Yes... But I never felt ashamed about who I was, just nervous. Nervous about what would happen next, what people thought about me, if they would hurt me... I have dated women before, I have kissed them in public and held their hand but I was very aware of the people around us. I didn't like the idea of being so public about the relationships but was worried about hurting the girl I was dating at that time if I said I didn't want to kiss them or something because people were around. I don't want to hide but I can't handle being in a relationship publicly. :c
    - Also to clarify my other comment (cause it was worded poorly), I don't think being LGBT is wrong but maybe hearing it all of my life is the reason I can't be comfortable with who I am and am now feeling ashamed. Maybe I think it's wrong subconsciously.