1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to a friend .

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by laurenc, Apr 22, 2014.

1. laurenc

laurenc Guest

we were talking and I hinted to him that I am trans after we were talking about how acepting we are and he said that he acepts me . is there any way I can make answering any question he may have easier ? tips or advice would be great

2. Silver Sparrow

First of all, good for you!!!!
    Are there any specific questions you are worried about answering?

3. laurenc

laurenc Guest

basically just the basic questions like ones about physical transition and srs,ffs ,etc

4. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just answer the questions the way you feel comfortable answering them, but be aware that there may be some that you don't feel comfortable answering and don't be afraid to tell him so. Just tell him what you know, and if you're not sure about something, tell him. Just because you're trans* doesn't necessarily make you an expert, and sometimes people start asking questions that are hard to answer.

5. laurenc

laurenc Guest

after speaking to him the other day I do not think he got the hint that I am trans even though he seemed to have when we first started talking again .

6. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    How strong was the hint? It may be that he did get it, but it's kind of an awkward thing to just randomly ask somebody if they're trans, so he just isn't asking. Maybe he's wondering if you'll tell him more directly.

7. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, maybe he picked up on it, but isn't 100% sure that's what you meant. It's not a particularly common thing, to be fair. :slight_smile:

8. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I asked him what he thought of trans people and he said this : if thats what you want to be its fine with me

9. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I doubt it's something you want to be. But it's something you are. And sounds like he at least accepts that.

10. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I certainly do not want to be anything besides me :slight_smile: