1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I went to a gay bar for the first time!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by robotman, Apr 23, 2014.

1. robotman

Guys and gals... I really don't know why I am posting this but I am because I want to tell everyone. I went to a gay bar for the first time last night and it was incredible. I had so much fun. I want to go again but I am worried that it won't live up to the expectations of tonight.

I went by myself and I do not know how I got the courage to do it but I did and it was one of the best nights of my life. I didn't manage to get any numbers sadly but it was my first time in this area and I am really glad that I got to experience it. I was in alot of pictures with people and I am abit worried that they will post it on facebook or something but I have to move on and not worry about what people think of me if they find out that I am gay.

This older guy started talking to me and after a couple of hours he tried to kiss me, I was like "nooooo, how do I know that you don't just talk to anyone and flirt with anyone" lol. He was 55. I might go to the same club again but I am on just such a high from last night. It was such a fun day out and I feel that I have to do it again and meet more people (hopefully I will remember to ask for their numbers loool).

2. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's cool that you had a good time! :slight_smile:

That's encouraging a bit, I guess...since I'm not one for the bar scene in general, but since coming out to myself and wanting to know how & where to meet groups of other gay people, I've been tempted to see if gay bars were any better than the regular kind, & worth it.

I still probably won't go to one, if I'm honest...lol...but I'm afraid if I don't I'll always be curious about them or something.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great that you had such a good time. I remember my first time in a gay bar. I actually wandered into showetune night without realizing it--hundreds of guys of all types and ages all singing along to showetune videos, and all seemingly happy I had arrived. Not really everyone's cup of tea I know--but OMG it was like I'd died and gone to OZ. It was awesome and I became a regular. I ended up with a group of about twenty guys that I danced with and went out with. At first I thought that's all it was--but eventually we did everything together--Easter brunch, Oscar parties, trips to the beach. It amazed me that this group of guys who I really kind of thought would be just sort of my good time friends were really there for each other when the chips were down. Eventually most of us paired up (in or out of the group) and moved out of the 'hood and stopped going out as often. But still, every month or two my partner and I go to that same bar. There won't be 15 or 20 of those guys there like back in the day--but there will be 2 or 3, probably on their own monthly pilgrimage, and it still feels like home.

4. King

I am glad that you had a good experience, I have never been approached in gay bars and they were just the same as straight bars for me lol.

5. Trentacles

I want to go to one but yay age.

6. me123

I am hoping to check out a few in the next while. I think it would be fun. Glad to hear you had a good experience.

7. PacificNWbiGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only time (so far) that I went to a gay bar, it was YEARS ago. I was so deep in denial that the one time I was hit on I blew him off. It is kind of a shame he was cute...

I went with a group of female friends that liked the music (dancing) and the fact they wouldn't get hit on by guys.

#7 PacificNWbiGuy, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  8. Agaetis Byrjun

I am so happy for you! Reminds me of my own first time at a gay dance club, just out of this world, and the woman I went home with... Perfection. I miss Texas.

9. NattyBoo33

My one and only time was when coworkers dragged me to one. The music murdered my ears, and it felt like a gas chamber with all of the CIG smoke. I'm usually a very reserved person around people so the guy and his bf I met that was my bosses cousin had to grab my arms and make me dance. I had an overall decent time because of those 2.

When the drag show started my coworkers had the host shout me out as the 'virgin' being my first time. I kind of enjoyed that moment because the whole rooms attention was on me, and I usually feel like no one pays attention to me. I know they probably do, but I look so intimidating no one talked to me except the two guys and a sherrif.