1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me quit my job

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by NattyBoo33, Apr 24, 2014.

1. NattyBoo33

I'm 20, living with my 33 yr old brother and wife, and for a year now worked at a fast food restaurant. My parents who live a couple of hours away insist I quit my job and move into one of their vacant houses. Problem is it's been 4 months since they asked and I still haven't done anything. The job is terrible, the environment where I live now is awful (brother alcoholic pothead, his wife a bitch) and I starve myself bc of lack of available food and almost no apitite. (Eating like a sandwich a day, and probably junk food that's laying around, so I'm crazy frail and braindead.)
    I've struggled with depression for over a year bc of this environment and because of my personality it's hard to take initiative to do anything unless someone helps so that's why I'm here (like one friend I talk to over email)
    Any words of wisdom will help, any questions please ask.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Quit that awful job get the hell away from your nasty ass pot head brother no more bitchiness from his wife and get a better job and live your life in a vacant house bc u deserve better dammit now go go go quit that horrible job and get away from the hell hound environment and run run run!!!

3. NattyBoo33

Lol that about sums it up...I had actually told my manager I was going to quit eventually, what I really need to do is put my two weeks notice in already because I'm not waiting on anything but myself to step up and take initiative. Ihad plenty of opportunity to do that today at work but I didn't...

4. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't say anything better than this.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

5. helperman

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Tell your bro and his bitch "later I'm out of here" tell your job to f**k off and get the hell out of there...NOW!!! Take your parents up on their offer....ANYTHING has to better than the life you're living now. Start over...rebuild...and live the life you deserve so you don't end up like your bro. Use him as an example of what NOT to be.

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should be telling your parents this. Ring them up now and tell them you need their help.

It sounds like they already know you need help... They're most likely just waiting for you to ask. Do it.

7. piano71

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If your parents offered the place 4 months ago and you're still living in that hell with your brother and his wife ... why? What are you afraid of that keeps you in a bad situation?

8. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Why are you NOT moving? It doesn't sound like there's really anything at all to keep you there.

9. AAASAS

If you can't quit get fired.

I was trying to get fired for the past two months, and was almost successful, even got asked by my Boss, if I was trying to get fired.

Show up late, call in sick, have a poor attitude.

10. LostAndAffraid

Yeah getting yourself fired isn't easy in that sort of a job, I'd say just get the plane ticket and stop showing up to work. It's not like they will miss you, there is always another wage slave to take your place.

11. nikidion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Seriously, what are you waiting for?

It's very simple actually. Go to work on Monday half an hour early, and first thing you do - write the notice. Just do it. It's simple.

12. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Quit and move!