1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Save A Life

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lgbtqenjolras, Apr 24, 2014.

1. lgbtqenjolras

Help me. I just keep listening to this song over and over and I can't stop and I'm depressed. How do you stop? It's 4 in the morning and I'm sobbing.... what do I do?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you stop being depressed? Sort out your problem, usually by talking about it. That's what you're doing, so keep doing it. :wink:

Is it really 4am where you are? Your location says Maine, and it should be just after midnight for you.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, step one, I'll say "we need to talk". :slight_smile:

If the song is simply resonating, then feel free to keep listening as long as it feels cathartic. (And as long as anybody else living with you can stand it.) But if you're simply depressed, then it might be time to reach out to somebody.

...it's weird how that song resonates. When I first heard it, I thought it fit a situation between me and a drifting-away friend so well. Another person I know said it could have been written about him and his father. Impressive songwriting, since it's about something utterly unrelated.

Lex

4. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Try to listen to a different song? Maybe something that's similar but will make you feel better.