1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrified of talking to men

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dphanna, Apr 25, 2014.

1. dphanna

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have been out of the closet since I was 14 (I'm 21 now) and after I came out, I mostly talked to girls. They were the only ones I felt comfortable talking to because most of the time guys were mean to me. There also weren't a lot of gay guys in the high school I went to and a lot of us didn't get along. Anyways I have trouble talking to guys now since I am only used to talking to women, which would be fine except there's that whole "wanting to date someone eventually" thing. I will go to bars or clubs trying to meet guys but will be paralyzed with awkwardness. I tried looking at different groups to join to ease myself into it but I've noticed gay male groups and gatherings are usually catering to an older crowd and I'm not sure if I would fit in with a group of straight guys.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just go up to them and if u get rejected than the hell with them you'll find a sweetie pie there at the club.

3. dphanna

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish it were that easy for me! I always say that's what I'm going to do then when I get to the bar or club I just freeze up. I feel like it has to do with self-esteem issues.

4. LostAndAffraid

Well I'll tell you what I do, whenever you start to feel anxious, just stop, and then feel awesome instead.