1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motivation

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CharlsOn, Apr 25, 2014.

1. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Where can I get motivation for learning?

I wanted to learn, sat in front of my school stuff and was staring on this piece of paper.
    I couldn't learn. Couldn't concentrate. It wasn't possible.
    That was the only time I really got that much motivation that to open up my folder within two weeks.

I'm glad about any advice!!

2. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg! I'm exactly the same!! Except I have a form of ADD, so it's always near impossible for me to concentrate on anything. Like right now! I have an exam to study for and I'm on EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Anyway, I do things like giving myself rewards for studying a certain amount of time or getting a particular thing done. They could be really small things like getting a cookie (or perhaps skittles in your case :grin:) or going on Facebook for ten minutes-don't recommend that last one however if you do not have much self control like me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Or you could get a couple friends who are serious about school and do a study group and you can motivate each other :slight_smile:
    Those are just a couple things I have done that have worked for me :slight_smile: Everyone is different so try them out!
    P.S. You could also search up study strategies on Google...there's tons of good stuff out there that might help :slight_smile: Good luck!

3. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Wow, thank you!!!
    I'll try all suggested things out!!! Well, I try to do:slight_smile:
    I'm glad someone answered!!:slight_smile:

4. aloneboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    hey, I don't know what to do any more. I am just desperate for someone to understand. no body knows im gay. my friends think I want to do it with some girls and my parents know nothing about me being in the closet. I'm so confused I just don't know anymore.

5. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

Finding the motivation to learn can be difficult, especially since schools to the exact opposite of what they should to motivate people. They do a good job at making people not want to learn. There is a book called On Writer's Block that really helped me recover from college burnout and become productive again as an artist and writer after graduating. Basically the trick to motivation is to focus on what you love and have fun doing it. It's a whole lot more complicated then that, but that is the key. Loving yourself also plays a huge part. If you are forcing yourself your mind will rebel subconsciously. I know that is not helpful in a school environment but it is the key for learning throughout life.

6. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

@aloneboy:
    Well, that's the wrong thread.
    If you post this in a own thread you will get way more answers I think:grin:
    But I'll answer you:slight_smile:
    I think there a basically two options.
    You can stay in the closet.
    You can come out.
    But at first, do you accept yourself?

@rainmustfall:
    The thing with forcing myself is true. I would love to learn art or sth, but to learn physics or stuff...that's hard. And I fail to focus.
    Thanks for answering!:slight_smile: I think I'll search for this book.

#6 CharlsOn, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  7. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

You simply have to find a topic that interests you o: And if you can only find one, there are an infinite amount of ways to relate that motivating topic to whatever you are supposed to be writing about, or whatever the assignment might be.

Despite my friends constantly trying to explain it to me, I do not know about foreign education systems, and if they award scholarships, but that's what motivates me while drudging through a boring topic- gotta get dem scholarships o:

8. Sigrid

I know excactly what this feels like!
    I honestly think I have ADD, but my mum says "there's no reason to get an examination", since apparently getting a diagnosis wouldn't change anything. Anyway, I have huuuge problems getting started with a task. And if I become unfocused (which happens really easily) it's practically impossible for me to get back to what I should be doing. It's really frustrating because I never get the results that I want. Also, people think I don't do my homework because I can't be bothered, when the truth is that I might have spent several hours just TRYING to get it done but not succeding.

9. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Exactly my problem!!!
    When I try to focuse my thoughts are suddenly away (Phantasiaaa) without me recognizing.
    That's annoying!

10. Sigrid

Hahahah, my thoughts are all over the place! Do you have problems remembering things as well? For example, if my mum tells me to take the trash with me when I leave, I have to repeat to myself "remember the trash, remember the trash" all the way to the door, or I'll have forgotten it during those ten seconds it took me to get there

11. JustMe2602

I would tell you if I knew but you know, I dropped out of high school so no good advice is coming from here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    (although I am going to college anyway)
    :grin:

12. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I know, I know!! But thanks for trying:grin:

13. JustMe2602

Okay, Every time you finish one chapter of whatever the fuck you are supposed to do, You'll come on EC and I will make 1 horrible stupid joke. Okay? :grin:

14. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

That would be awesome!! I'll keep that in mind!!
    No bad idea:slight_smile: Really!
    THANKS

15. JustMe2602

No problem. :grin: