1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Did You Know?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Mirage, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Mirage

How did you realise you were gay/lesbian/bisexual etc?

Did you always know or did it dawn on you over time? What were your straight relationships like? How did you feel in them and while you were in them how did you feel about the other
    sex? Did it slowly creep up on you or was it like 'bam! I'm gay!'

Any stories may help me explain my past relationships and thoughts and how I'm feeling now... Thanks!

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I think it did slowly crawl onto me and then slayed me. But I survived it:grin:
    I can't say when I did recognize that I was not straight but it all began with a girl. As usual:grin: I liked her from the beginning. Well, I thought I just liked her. Over the years sth in me said you're not like the others with the boy stuff and dates. I denied it. Then I thought I was maybe bi. I hoped it. I would have made me a bit less a weirdo. But, yea. I don't know how I did manage it to accept my homosexuality but it's the result that counts. I think it just took me time to figure out my true self:slight_smile:
    Hope this kinda helped:slight_smile:
    Good luck in finding yourself!!

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. Emmanuella

I realized in my early-mid 20s ... When I developed a MAJOR girl crush!! Also had a celebrity crush around the same time, maybe a year prior, and realized that I was starting to have sexual thoughts toward these female celebrities.

Prior to that, in high school, I had a few "girl crushes" on classmates. I REFUSED to think of them as crushes, back in the day, and I rationalized these crushes in different ways, to convince myself that I wasn't gay. ... Eventually, I couldn't rationalize my way to straightness any longer...

5. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew I was gay as a teenager, although I didn't acknowledge or accept it until I was in my early 20's. It was simply a case that I never had any feelings of attraction to the opposite sex.

6. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's how I discovered that I could be attracted to anyone. :slight_smile:

With regards to gender, EC helped a lot.

7. Yosia

I realised i liked boys because i am pretty sure i have somewhat always been attracted to them but one day i realised 'this isnt normal..' So i identified as bisexual but then a few weeks later i had a girlfriend and it was really not even special, yes i loved her but i felt like i didnt want to be with her because she was a girl. I didnt end the relationship because of that and was other reasons but when it finished thats when i thought, i dont find girls attractive, im gay.

As for gender~ i always knew that i was too feminine, people were mean to me about it and i have always wanted to be a girl. It was when i came onto EC was when i found out about transgender (i did know about it but not properly) and it took me a while to figure out ajd accept but i realised i was trans* im yet to do anything about it though >.<

8. lovely lesbian

Im 28 so not that long ago i think i knew before then but ignored it until now