1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I as pathetic as I feel?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by josh9623, Apr 27, 2014.

1. josh9623

My local pride was today and i decided that I would go, try to have fun, and maybe meet some new people. I got there a few minutes before it started and was a little surprised at how small it was. I pretty much just walked around, looked at the vendor booths, and got some water. About 30 minutes after it started i saw a guy that i wanted to talk to. But, instead of just going up and saying hi (like a normal person) I followed him around for two and a half hours. I finally went up and asked his name and said hi and the awkward conversation began. Turns out he was taken. and I couldn't even say that much he was pretty much having to ask me what i was trying to say (as i was almost mute). afterwards it completely threw me off, he was nice about it but I still just felt pathetic. I ended up leaving about 30 minutes later. The only thing i can think is stuff like "why didn't you do that 2 hours ago?" or "he probably thinks you're just some creep for following him around".

Is there anyway that I can get over my anti-socialness, It is Extremely aggravating that I can't just go up and talk to someone. Am I just some creep?

2. Kabuki

You are not a creep. Some people are capable of initiating convos, and others aren't, that's just how it is. Now, it's not healthy to let that nervousness prevent you from having a healthy social life.

About the guy- Too bad he was taken, but you managed to talk to him, even if it took 2 hours and a half. Starting convos are not that easy, even more so to a stranger. You should be happy you did, I'm sure you would have felt worse if you hadn't. Just try and have an idea about what to talk about when you decide to talk to someone. Use his answers to continue the conversation. I guess that's all I can say for now. (*hug*) You did your best given the circumstances, so don't feel about yourself. Remember that you are not a creep either. :grin:

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi josh :smilewave you're not a creep. Anti social sucks. That's ok though if u feel pathetic you're not. And the best thing u can do is just go right up to them and start talking and if u get rejected than the hell with them.

Good luck :thumbsup:

4. Best of Both

Best of Both Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I agree with Sup2345

5. TurnerDogg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw man why would you follow someone around lol? I mean if someone followed me around I would think it's the greatest thing ever, but a lot of people aren't as soft as I am.

It's not that big a deal, though...maybe learn from it...that's what I would do.

And to get rid of antisociality just try to become more enthused in other people and generate some interest. Make small, enjoyable attempts and they will build you up.