1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I saw a cute guy the other day

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Will2M, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Will2M

I have a girlfriend... but I saw a cute gay last night, the first one I have really ever been attracted to since accepting I was bisexual. After seeing him a few times throughout the night the thought finally entered my head that I should go talk to him... just for practice (I am not gonna cheat on my girlfriend or anything) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I am a introverted person, I don't really like approaching strangers in general, even if I am not attracted to them and just want to make a friend, because I don't talk much. I was struck by the realization that had it been a girl I would've had no issue approaching her and just talking BUT because it was a guy I was absolutely paralyzed with fear. I had no idea what I would've said and not knowing his orientation kind of compounded the fear. Had it been just some guy I wouldn't have bothered approaching him to "make friends" anyway because I would've seen him that one time and then never seen him again.

It seems to me, based on the experience I had, that approaching attractive people of the same gender in public is much harder and scarier... I don't like it. It makes me want to just go back to being straight because it is so much easier... :frowning2:

Thoughts?:confused:

2. Ravi-VIXX777

Being another introverted person, I find myself over complicating how I should approach people. I find that constantly looking at them does something instead of talking-looking without making it creepy aha.

And I can understand what you mean about approaching girls vs the same gender. Approaching more attractive people IS scary! Strange that most guys that try to be friendly with me or get my attention are insanely hot :icon_redf