1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost 24 and never been kissed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Fallingdown7, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Just wondering...do you think It's odd? Or a turn-off? I know some people are embarrassed to never have a sexual experience near their mid 20's, but I haven't even gotten to the first level of that yet.

I wasn't ashamed of it until I was trying to find a girlfriend and they seem to lose interest when they find out that fact. I don't want to rush into forcing myself to kiss people just to get it done though, since I want to know what a first kiss with someone I'm actually attracted to feels like.

What is your opinion?

2. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did not have my first kiss until a little over a month ago and I am 24.

3. Kabuki

I haven't kissed either. I just find it as something special, I don't know what other people think, but that is the way I see it.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wouldn't bother me...

Thing is, every relationship is different. Just because you have experience with other relationships doesn't mean that you are better at them...

I mean there are lots of people who think having a date means going out to dinner or a club or something. Where-as I prefer dicking around at home and watching anime. All the experience in the world isn't going to help you date me, unless you've literally dated me!

Which leads me to kissing.

If you haven't kissed anyone, what difference does that make? It means you have no experience sexually either (I would assume). But again, how does that help anything? Sure there are probably SOME things that will be pretty common to most people but does that really help you much?

You're going to have to adjust things and do things different with every person you will ever be with...as far as I'm concerned lack of experience just means you'll be quicker to understand ME and what I like rather than hoping to heck I'm like the last girl you were with!

5. BelleFromHell

I've never been kissed, either. Join the Forever Alone Club...
    [​IMG]

Just kidding! :lol:

I think it's totally OK! If anything, it's a turn-on. I'd much rather date someone who's in the same boat as I am.

6. Best of Both

Best of Both Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't tell them you don't have any sexual experience
    just go for what you want and let them take the lead

7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I'm nearly 25 .. I haven't legitimately done the partner .. thing.

8. Anomander

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    24 in July and in the same boat

9. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Got my first kiss at 29. Still alive, somehow. :slight_smile:

10. RainbowMan

Join the club. But I'm 35, and somehow still on the planet :grin:

11. aldine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't worry, if they lost interest and it was because you haven't ever kissed anyone, then they were not for you. Why would you want to be with someone who dislike something about you and lose interest because of it?

If I met someone, we're attracted and romantically engaged, and she tells me she has never kissed anyone I would find it very sweet because when we kiss it will be so special for her and she will remember me and our first kiss forever. It would add to the romance of our relationship, so it would be a plus, not a turn-off.

12. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Got you beat, RainbowMan. I'm 43. :lol:

Honestly, a part me really doesn't care. Well, that's not quite true. But the thing that makes me sad is that I've never had that Special Someone to kiss, not that I've never had a kiss.

Although I honestly do dread the first kiss. Maybe it's irrational fear, but I worry that it will be awkward since it's skill I've never mastered.

13. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been kissed by my ex-boyfriend and it was kind of gross. I'm looking forward to kissing someone I'm actually attracted to.

14. PeytonRose

My first kiss was during a truth or dare game, by a guy, when I was 18ish(?). With my first girlfriend when I was 20ish.

Point being is that it's all about finding that special someone you want to share that experience with. Sometimes it just takes people longer than others to find them. To answer your question though, no I don't believe that it's weird in the slightest.

15. ThePhoenix

Well considering I haven't either and I'm gonna be 23 in like two weeks it wouldn't bother me. I do have that fear of when I admit that someone how they'll take, but I don't really see the issue of not having kissed anyone before but still get embarased by the fact sometimes.

16. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Happy belated birthday sweet heart :kiss:

17. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I'm 24 and I've never done anything relationshipy. It has more to do with the fact that I'm in the closet and haven't met anyone yet.

18. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nope. I will be 24 soon and well never been kissed. Always get pecks on the cheek for some reason, but of course those don't count :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I am more trying to work on myself before I am with someone. I seem to always do everything half backwards as opposed to what my family has done. Example: graduated high school, now college (this may :slight_smile:) After that I will be looking for a job in my field. Then I will work on being more open to the idea of that stuff.

19. apostrophied

22 here and never been kissed. I'm pretty sure my 25-year-old friend hasn't kissed anyone, either.

20. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't find it as a turn off. To me it just means that you haven't found the right person yet. It's better that you wait, rather than rushing it. You only get your first kiss once and it's something memorable.