1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Don't Want To Be Part Of A Community/I Feel Like A Clone

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Apr 27, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

I don't want to be part of any community, not gay, not black, not anything. I feel like I'm being dragged into something I didn't choose. Does everyone become part of "the gay community" as soon as they come out?

I get really uncomfortable around other black guys. I don't know why, I just feel like a clone around them. Is this normal and how can I get rid of the feeling?

2. LostAndAffraid

Well don't think about it like that. We are all human beings, we should all be part of the human community other than that nothing is really that important.

3. Emulator

Out or not, you are a part of that community, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to identify with them.
    On a larger scale for instance, we are human beings (most of us, at least) but we obviously didn't decide to be part of the human race. I'm sure hardly anyone actually remembers that there is a human community because no one really gives it any thought.
    So...don't let your differences affect you, and you certainly aren't a clone because everyone is unique :slight_smile:

4. aldine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just be yourself. There's no need to mimic the people you hang out with, and yet you can get along well with them.

5. BelleFromHell

I'm the opposite.

Being a slightly mixed race, homeschooled, politically independent, non-butch, lesbian... I don't feel welcome in ANY community.
    (The lesbian community, ESPECIALLY. It has a lot of conformist bitches who shudder at the thought of individuality...)

6. ZenMusic

All I want to do is live my life without being dragged into communities I never asked to join. But I see what you mean.