1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel unaccepted HELP

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GayNurse95, Apr 28, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel very sad. Very. I have been sad since the day I came out to my parents (Thursday).
    My dad says he loves me a person, but he doesn't accept the fact I'm a lesbian. He thinks its a choice. its obviously not. We are both Christ followers. But I feel he doesn't accept me for being a lesbian. It hurts. a lot. I feel like I want to cry, but I can't.

Please help!

2. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, don't hold back tears. It's not good to bottle up emotions. Speaking from experience(s)...
    Second, maybe try explaining to him that being gay is not a choice. Ask him if he believes love is an emotion. If so, then ask him if he believes we choose our emotions. If he answers no, then ask him how he can say that being gay is a choice. This has worked for me a couple times.
    Also tell him that you feel hurt that he can't accept you for the person that you are. If you are honest with him, maybe he'll see a little more clearly.
    I hope some of that made sense :/
    Remember that he loves you and always will. They just need to get used to the idea and need to have things explained to them.
    Hope things go well! :slight_smile: (*hug*)

P.S. Maybe see if there are any gay-friendly parishes near where you live and maybe you can get your dad to talk to the pastor there...? Just a suggestion.

3. SoulHero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    you have to sit down with your dad and have a serious discussion. he needs to realize that being gay isn't a choice. i'll even give you a personal example, when i was 17 i was really in denial about who i was and who i liked... thought i could just make myself straight but it don't work that way, you can't choose who you are sexually attracted to and somehow he needs to realize that. if your father cannot accept that, then he needs to get his priorities checked, you are his daughter and he should love and support you unconditionally. hope that you can come to some terms with him on this! all the best :slight_smile:

4. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tried explaining it, but he still says its a choice. HE says its made emotionally and made by desire. Its frustrating, but he's still trying to adjust. I won't convince him and he won't convince me either.
    He has a hard time accepting the fact I am gay by birth. Its not easy.
    God made me this way for a purpose though, and he's not letting me down. Even if the world isn't too accepting, I have a father in heaven who always will.

5. lovely lesbian

I'm sorry Hun but your dad has to realise that you being gay isn't a choice he needs to know that I wish I could give you better advice x

6. Best of Both

Best of Both Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    your dad sounds like an asshole I would just stop thinking about it so hard
    you came out to him all ready if he can't accept that's his problem

7. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey now, he's not an a-hole. He loves me as a person, he just doesn't accept my sexuality.
    He's done a lot for me, but we are having some conflict. Don't assume he's a bad person from that.