1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like a girl who....

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MerBear, Apr 29, 2014.

1. MerBear

There's this girl i like and we've known each other for a few months now and I've come to like her and she likes me to but she believes being gay wrong and won't date me because of that, it would be long distance but she said even if there was a chance we could date, she wouldn't date me. she wants to be apparently 'normal' and is trying to be like most straight girls, her parents have brought her up believing your going to hell if your gay and all that mess so she's believed it, she believes hell is real and she believes since she is gay, she's going to hell and won't date me because it's wrong.

it hurts me so much to like her because i know she likes me back but not enough to the point, she'd date me. how can i just safely move on? is it the right thing to move on since i can't change her beliefs?

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know its difficult, but moving on would probably be the best idea. It is very hard if not impossible to change someone's beliefs and honestly, I wouldn't even waste my time. There are plenty of girls out there who are okay with who they are and you'd only be going backwards dating someone who's ashamed of being gay.

Especially taking everything you've been through into consideration. It would be too much for you to deal with eventually and you will only end up hurting yourself. So, its best to save yourself the heartache and pain.

#2 pinklov3ly, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  3. MerBear

Thank you for the reply, it's funny. It took me about two years to get over this girl I loved and finally when I get over her, I end up liking someone who happens to feels the same way but won't date me because she thinks it's wrong,how lovely

4. willfultrans

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think moving on from the romantic feelings in a good idea. You don't have to end the friendship, unless you want to or feel like that will help you move on. Changing someones beliefs isn't something you can do, its something that they can do with time, or not at all. You just have to keep looking until you can find that person who won't let something get in the way of the feelings that you share. It's pretty rough, but you can do it. If she comes around and you decide again later you still have feelings then you might still have that friend. There's a lot of aspects to it, but the best thing would be to move on., Keeping doing you. Because people are attracted to people who live how they want to live, and love who they want. So keep confident and you'll find someone wonderful.