1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling sad

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GayNurse95, Apr 30, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been quite sad for the last few days. I recently came out to my parents. I can't wear my rainbow band, because it offends them. I am expected to get a job soon, but no one is accepting me into the work place.
    I have been depressed in waves. Some days, I've been better, some have been worse.
    How do I get through these? Especially in an unaccepting home? I have been seeing the counselor everyday at school, and thats not helping. IT only helps for a bit. I just don't know how to describe this sadness. Its hard to put my finger on.:help:

2. Jim1454

Good morning.

You know... I'm not sure. I'm struggling with depression myself. It is great that you're talking about it with a counsellor - so am I. And I know that it seems to be better while I'm talking about it, but left to my own devises, I'm right back down to the extreme sadness again.

Have you had an appointment with your doctor? If not, you should talk to them. Let them know how you're feeling, how things are going at home, and see if there's anything that they might suggest. They might refer you to another counsellor, they might suggest medication, or something else that they think might help.

3. Best of Both

Best of Both Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You need to have a fuck you attitude
    Like I told you and I don't care what you think

4. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think so, but I would have to let my dad know. I see a NP (nurse practitioner) for my issues. She's awesome and a straight ally. I might go see her, but it does cost me money. I'll see what I can do about it.
    Also, I was diagnosed with depression in 2010. I do take meds, but I still have that Icky feeling...