1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inner conflict

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gibson234, May 1, 2014.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    On one hand...

People piss me off. Their idea of fun is going to a place with shit music on at night and poisoning themselves. And when I say I don't like that they think that they are some how superior and imply that I am sad. I have few real friends that I rarely see. And I ask myself why there are some many arseholes out there who are real scrum with loads of friends yet I'm nice and I've got nothing. Being gay I exist in a group of mostly stuck up arseholes who care for nothing but their looks and "partying" and are doing nothing with there life yet think they are superior to me (This is my experience so far not on this website though). Everyone else just seem to have so many more friends than me. I have always found it impossible to find friends. I sometimes just what to explode and start hitting people and fighting everyone, to the death. Instead of sitting in here in pain in the mist of them and their bullshit. Everyone else seems able at will to get a gf or bf despite lots of them being arseholes. The frustrating thing is that if people gave me a chance I would be an alright guy to be around.

On the other...

I can't afford to dislike people. I don't want to become a depressed, bitter loner. The people here are all I've have got. If I am to become what I want to be I have to be more liked. Yet I feel like I can't do it.

This conflict causes me lots of pain. Do you guys have any advice?

2. Cass

Same problem here. To the T. Just find people who's ideas o fun are the same as you. Also, try compromising with you're club-scene friends. Maybe say "hey maybe next week we can go to a movie or something

3. Best of Both

Best of Both Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think your problem is that you think everybody is an asshole that's not like you

4. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe, The problem is everyone is not like me. Resentment has build over the years. I don't think jealous is the word. I just get frustrated that everyone else is friends and no has every given me a chance.

5. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You need to find a social setting other than party clubs. Pick some activities you like to do and find a group that does them. Something where the focus is on the activities, not sex pickups and drinking. Sooner or later you will find the gay guy(s) there; then you will have something in common with them besides just being gay. While you are looking for them you will have something to do besides being depressed and lonely.

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like your current group of friends isn't meeting your wants/needs Gibson. I don't mean this to sound challenging (apologies if it does) but you've told us what's wrong with the people you hang out with now, but you haven't really said what kind of friendships/relationships you want with people. When you think about what you want from a friend, what would it be?