1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone here a Unitarian Universalist?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by flymetothemoon, May 1, 2014.

1. flymetothemoon

So, I was born and raised Catholic and went to many, many years of Catholic school. I've been trying to find a religion/spiritual path that works for me and that I would be happy to raise future children in, and I keep coming across UU. I am very interested and looking to find out more. I plan to attend a UU church in my area this weekend, but I'm just curious if anyone else here is a UU and could tell me a little bit about it, maybe about what you like best about it? Or if there is anything in particular that drew you to UU? I may have more specific questions later on after a bit more exploration, but for now am really just curious.

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a UU-Agnostic, but I will probably not attend a UU church until I go off to college, as there will be one close to campus of my college choice. I wanted to learn to accept all faiths and learn to respect them, as long as they respected mine. UUism seemed like a good place to do that. I absolutely love how nice everyone who I've met that is UU is as well.