1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed signals leave everything up in the air.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by WstTxCwby, May 1, 2014.

?

Should I continue waiting?

Poll closed May 8, 2014.
  1. Wait for him.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Talk to him.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Make the leap.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Move on.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. WstTxCwby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, sorry if this is the wrong forum. This will sound complicated but it's the main reason I'm confused.

My best friend (he's also my roommate) and I had a fling a while back. It was over several months and we both enjoyed it. But then he went to work for a very redneck friend of ours away from home for months. When he came back we still hung out but it was always with this person or others. I'm out. He wasn't or isn't.

I didn't think anything too much of it, I had pretty much given up on finding anyone where I live. But when their job ended and he moved back we began spending more and more time together. Even going to movies and the bar. Still not thinking much of it because we enjoy the same things and go to the same bar.

Last year my family and I invited him to thanksgiving and he did the same for me. And then again at Christmas. Even inviting him on our family trip to the coast. It was fun.

Then on New Years, again with the redneck friend and family I felt like I was being cut off. I mean I didn't even get 10 minutes alone to chit chat. At home the next day they said they had another job to do and would be gone about a month. And that's when it hit me. I had fallen for him. I posted what I thought was an innocent question on FB "is it possible to miss someone's presence or is it just fear of being alone?" Or something very similar to that.

Well he blocked me. But still talked through text so he never ignored me. But that hurt so much I had to tell him how I was feeling. He moved out which I told him I understood but then they got in a big fight (basically about me and my feelings) and he moved back in.

I have done my best to keep my feelings in check but a few weeks ago it all started over again and I realized I had more than feelings for him. And herein is my problem. During our first talk he admitted our fling but said he was going thru a curious phase a didn't feel that way anymore. But I keep getting signals from him. Some are overt some not so much. I'm afraid to bring the subject up again because I really don't want to lose him as a friend as almost happened already.

And I'm afraid to jump to conclusions on his signals because I may has misinterpreted them and I am not a first move person. But waiting for him to verbally say something leaves me up in the air confused and I'm afraid looking like a randy little queer. I don't wasn't him to think I'm not interested but I also don't want to act unless he says so.

2. WstTxCwby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice. 53 views and not 1 reply. I really am a unique jacked up person all alone. Thanks.

3. mangotree

I think you just have to be patient with him.
    IF he loves you back, he'll realise it eventually.

From reading your story, it sounds a little bit like he needs some space to think and to work out his feelings and to maybe come to terms with his own sexuality.
    If you give him a little bit of space, he'll probably be more likely to contact you first and "make the first move". It's harder for him to miss you / miss your company when you're talking and texting all the time.
    I understand how hard it will be to hold back, but you can only do your best.

The FB blocking thing is probably pretty understandable, being that he's not ready to come out and didn't want others who saw the post suspect it was him that you missed.

Sorry if none of this helps.

Best of luck with you and your fella.

Peace be with you mate.