1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job Interview, nervous

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jared, May 1, 2014.

1. Jared

So I've got an interview tomorrow and I'm scared shitless, I don't think I've been this nervous about an interview since my first one. I've been having a rather crappy last few weeks and my depression has been a bitch lately and I'm afraid I'm going to blow the interview because I can't think clearly. And this just feeds the worry cycle. My career really values internships and so far I haven't been able to get one and I'm running out of time. I started looking late since I was going through a really hard time during the optimal search time and wasn't even thinking about it. Right now I just wanna crawl in bed, cry and not go to it in the morning. Though I've been wanting to crawl in bed and cry a lot lately, fuck depression. I just feel like I'm such a failure if I can get an internship in a field where they aren't supposed to be hard to get. Ughhhh, I really don't want to go even though I know I need to.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Sorry to read though that things haven't been going so well for you lately. (*hug*)

You are not a failure. Get that out of your head!

Start with telling yourself that you can do this. One of the ways to get some motivation/energy for your interview is to say to yourself: "I'm going to give it my best. No matter how it will turn out, I know I will have given it my best." Deep breath before you go in. It's going to be fine.

Here are a few things you could try doing to feel ready, or know that you have it within you to go to the interview and do well.

First, find a comfortable space. Sit or lie down, and try to imagine yourself being on a location that gives you a sense of calm and renewed energy. It can be anywhere, where you feel good, and allows you to breath. Do this for a few minutes or moments.

Once you feel you are in a place where your thoughts have calmed down, and you feel a bit more relaxed, try to sit down and think about a few questions the interviewers could ask you. Write them out. Then try to formulate a couple of answers to each question, taking into account as to why you want to participate in an internship. Why are you the best person for this internship? What do you want to get out an internship? Also, try to tie the answers to your career field.

I know it can be hard doing this at the moment but if you can try it, and see if it makes a difference. If you want, you can post the questions and draft answers, and I can give you some feedback on them. :slight_smile:

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Life is terrifying, taxing, and relentless. The best we can do is stare it in the eye and give it our war face.

[​IMG]

You've got the power. If you know yourself and know the company you're working for, you'll ace the interview.