1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Empty Body?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by robotman, May 4, 2014.

1. robotman

Does anyone actually feel like this? I don't want to sound silly but seriously like... I honest feel that I am like an empty shell. I don't really think or feel that there is anything too look forward too in life (my life). Like... I feel that I am living but not actually living. Like I am here just wandering around and nothing is happening. I don't really have any friends, I don't have a career, I am not in a relationship or anything and think that it will be hard for me to meet anyone. I want something really romantic to happen to me but I don't even know where I can meet people. I just feel meh :shrug:.

I wish I knew what my purpose was, does anyone get me or does it sound like I am rambling on? Do you lot thing anything happens to you after you die? I would like to think that something does, like we relive our lives but we just take different paths...

This isn't a moaning thread or anything, I am just wondering if anyone has felt like this or is feeling like this now.

2. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Kind of like "this is the difference between staying alive and living?" I've been there.

3. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

Uhh yeah, that's pretty much what my sig was forever it seems saying you have to live a little instead of surviving. I felt like that for a while when I was depressed, loner Holdingb, but I just kind of got past it :grin:

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

"I feel that I am living but not actually living"

That's EXACTLY how I feel!

You need to get active in your life, if you connect with people you will feel different.

5. Sarah257

Yep, I've been there. It's like in the movie "Click" with Adam Sandler when he watches himself when he was on "autopilot". I have to say that it's the worst feeling in the world to not be able to feel. An absense, a void. At best it's like you're merely existing, not living. I know what's that's like all too well. Only fairly recently I fully realized that it was my attempt to deaden the pain I have been feeling for so long. Now that I'm actually attempting to deal with my problems, that empty feeling has diminished quite substantially (although sometimes I find myself trying to deaden the pain again out of sheer habit which makes that feeling start to come back).

Just hang in there hon, EC is here to help you get through it (*hug*)

6. Emmanuella

Create little goals for yourself. Maybe start with just one goal....life doesn't just come with a purpose. You have to GIVE YOURSELF a purpose....make a *game* out of it. After all, that is all life is. A game. It is TOTALLY up to us to make it an enjoyable one. Start off small. Maybe make it your goal of the week to meet one new person that might become a worthwhile friend. Maybe someone from here who is in a similar position and looking for a new friend as well!?!
    Or maybe it can be a career or academic goal? Like start a job hunt or a career change!! Let the Game begin!!! What do you have fun doing in life? Video games? Playing instruments? Start pursuing something in those areas....

Anyway, I just wanted to say. Your life has a purpose. You just have to give yourself something to look forward to, or something to pursue. Whatever you want. FORGET what other people say or think about your passions or goals. It is not their life!

7. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I felt like an empty shell looking out at the world after I had a nervous breakdown when I was 15. It was PTSD and depression related. I felt really numb. But connecting with people helps so much.

8. quicksplash

Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes, the feeling is that I'm just getting by, day to day, nothing really exciting.

To paraphrase a game that I really liked, TWEWY, I think expanding one's world should help.

9. robotman

Its cool to know that other people feel like this aswell.

Can I just take the time to say that this post is fantastic. Everything sounds so easy when I read it in my head like this but actually doing it is an issue. I just feel unmotivated I guess... Hopefully I will get to the top where someday I actually feel like I have meaning and a purpose. I just want to feel loved etc... By someone else not named mum. I think I honestly just need to get into a relationship but I am scared of opening up to someone and getting hurt etc. Also I find it very difficult to meet actual gay people lol. Oh well, T'is life...