1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Submissive lesbians or I'm not sure how to phrase this...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by NicoletteChris, May 5, 2014.

1. NicoletteChris

I'm a very shy and quiet person, I've had social anxiety and am a pretty awkward duck. I've never been in a relationship before but I've been wondering lately if there's anyone like me who doesn't want to be in a relationship with a guy not just because of lack of attraction and whatnot but because you just don't want to deal with gender roles and be automatically set as a sub in a relationship. I'm not stereotyping all hetero/opposite sex relationships but just something about a guy being deemed as my dominant whether by himself or society or friends or family doesn't sit too well with me.

At the same though I'm not much of a dom girl myself. I'm sure if I met the right girl and she could ease me out of my shell I'd be more louder and dominant and fiesty ( I know since I'm pretty out of my shell with my best friend and she can agree I'm super talkative and strong with my words and actions). Though when I think about being sub or equal to a girl in a relationship I'm pretty happy to go along with it amd I wouldn't mind dating a girl who is a little bit more in charge or assertive in a relationship.

I'm just wondering if this is common or something? Weird but hey this is me.

2. laurenc

laurenc Guest

you sound pretty similar to myself . I think it is very common for girls to feel this way

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I like the idea of being submissive to a girl, but a not a guy for some reason.

4. thekillingmoon

Yeah one of the thing I like about same sex relationships is that there seems to be no strict gender roles. I don't want to be passive/submissive all the time. Sometimes I want to take the lead. It would be nice to find someone who is like that too.

5. itsonlyrelative

That's one of the best parts, like as long as you have solid communication you and your partner can switch roles freely without having to worry about gender roles.