1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering getting myself analysed for depression?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kael, May 6, 2014.

1. Kael

Hey, guys...

I'm thinking of going to see my GP to get analysed and maybe referred to a psychologist or counsellor.

So... yeah. Considering. Most probably going to do it. Because I believe I do need to at least have a mental health analysis.

I haven't been feeling myself lately. Just... empty.

So yeah. I'll keep you guys updated on how this turns out.

See ya.

Kael~

2. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely see your doctor. I had issues with depression a couple years ago. He basically asked me some questions and had me do a survey. he had me try different antidepressants. Long story short I was very stubborn and just wanted to be left alone. It took a complete meltdown and a stay in a psychiatric unit for me to realize that I needed help from someone else and couldnt do it on my own. I started seeing a therapist and now my depression is virtually gone, although I still deal with anxiety a bit. Guys tend to have a little bit more difficulty in dealing with mental illness than women mostly because they are afraid to show emotion. Dont be scared to talk to someone, whether its a doctor, therapist, or even just a friend. Be honest with them and with yourself. It will at least help you feel somewhat better just being able to tell someone whats on your mind.

3. Kael

Thanks kyfry!
    I appreciate the advice.

I have already had a massive discussion with one of my friends. XD

They are, in fact, the one that gave me this suggestion. They were worried for my welfare... so I though I should. I don't want to worry them.

So yeah... When I get the time, I'll go see the doctor about it and try and sort my life out a little.

Again, your advice is appreciated.

See ya!

Kael~

4. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Do it. It'll help you. And do let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Feelings of emptiness are definitely worth talking about, so if you can get a referral for counselling, take it up.

I'll not pretend it's easy, because you are being asked to talk about fairly deep and innermost thoughts and some people find that awkward and difficult, but it's worth the effort - you get out what you put in.

Without a bit of help and support you might find it difficult to overcome these feelings and it could even get worse.

You are doing the right thing. Let us know how it goes.