1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brain overtaking the body?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Brandiac, May 8, 2014.

1. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So now it's time to ask for opinions instead of just wondering. Why is it, that I read that people masturbate twice a day and stuff, and I'm always thinking about "hmm maybe, let's do it" instead of the body telling me that it wants it so I do it. It's like my brain is in control of whether I want stuff or not, and not actually deciding whether to take action to satisfy needs that just exist on their own.

I can't even have a crush on anyone, but I really really want a relationship. Maybe I'm just aiming higher by default? And not risking a possible disappointment? It's possible because I've noticed I'm a very avoidant person. I do nothing that's not turning out the way I want it with a 100% chance.

It just feels like all the years in emotional solitude damaged my perception of live beyond repair. I don't even value life anymore, it's just why stay still until you die when you can do stuff till then, just so you don't get bored as all hell :dry:.

2. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Doing it twice a day seems a lot to me. I certainly don't do it that often. We're all different though, it's completely different person to person. Some may do it less or more often.
    There can be elements of it controlled by the brain, don't be worried about that. If you had no ability to pick and choose your times, you mind find yourself in a pickle if you are in a social environment with a bunch of people! I don't particularly have a sudden urge to immediately want to either unless I see something I like.

I too want a relationship, I know the feeling. I have a few crushes though. Sometimes it can take time though, I wasn't immediately attracted to one person I am thinking of, but I eventually saw them around more and more, it seems to have become one gradually. They're straight though sadly in my case.

You're 18. Relax a little. You have so much time. All these things you've mentioned can be solved. You have no idea what an unexpected change can do for people.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm the same way, but honestly, I think you're better off. It is an appealing idea to be swept off your figurative feet by irresistible feelings, but when your brain is in charge it makes WAY better decisions than other body parts. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That doesn't mean the heart should be ignored. Absolutely suck all the marrow out of life. It does have value. But continue to look before you leap, advice I have been slipping on lately.