1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obsessing over my sexuality to avoid other problems

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ChromeNerd, May 9, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think most people know that I obsess about my sexuality. I think I'm obsessed with it because it distracts me from my other problems. While I do have some genuine issues with my sexuality, those issues are nowhere near as bad as my other issues.

It's like I'm addicted to being confused about my sexuality even though I hate being confused at the same time. I kind of enjoy writing posts about being confused and thinking of ridiculous possibilities. I sometimes enjoy writing fiction, but it's way less work writing about how confused I am.

I'm just trapped in a closet right now. A lot of the stuff I'm closeted about isn't even related to my sexuality. Some of the stuff I'm closeted about is even hidden from me. I know this because I often get extremely upset at the smallest things without knowing exactly why.

2. Illus1

I was in a similar phase, not obsessing but repressing (and subconsciously obsessing) as long as you don't make it an excuse for other problems it's ok. I guess it's part of finding your way, u say u'r trapped in a closet, if your happy or at least comfortable being in there then by all means stay until u'r ready. No matter what people say you don't have to come out to everyone, & you don't have to do it NOW, just go about it at your own pace.

But don't neglect other issues in u'r life because of 'sexuality'. U have to remember it's just part of who you are, not the whole you. I did this once: I failed a test, why? the class was hard & full of hot guys & I couldn't concentrate & I'd mumble in front of the TA when asking a question. I chalked it up to 'You haven't dealt with being into guys and that's why you couldn't concentrate and that's why you failed' which is wrong, I could have found another solution, asked other people questions about the class, study harder, etc. so sexuality is no excuse to slack off (my experience).