1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did not miss this

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sam2, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Sitting here in a pool of my own sweat, stomach feels like I ate 50 jalapeno's. and my back is aching. it was far worse the last time I quit. But i really didn't miss this crap. every minute i just berate myself "Why did you return the script you (lots and lots of insults, you get it)"

So alone.... uuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhhh i hate this shit

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

What are you trying to quit ?

3. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Opiates. Long story short, I have a history of painkiller abuse, it led to heroin after a while on the needle i just quit quit. No rehabs, therapists or much family support ( I don't really know how I did it) Do to a series of unfortunate events I've been prescribed multiple opiates and benzo's. And within maybe a week, a week in a half, full blown relapse. I got 60 Oxycontin each 30mg, and ran out in 6 days. it was supposed to have been a months supply.I also have percocets and xanax, and the months supply of oxy was refilled so i could continue to get high. But realizing i was going right back into the void, I returned the drugs to the pharmacy. I didn't think a week and a half (Lets be generous) of binging would cause physical withdrawal, i was wrong. And Quitting suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

4. helperman

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Been down this road. Just remember it gets better and once you are through the woods...and you will get through them...don't EVER go back to it. If it gets too bad get medical help. Also, call someone and see if they can come over or come pick you up so you don't have to be alone going through this. Remember drugs make you THEIR slave and I doubt you want to live like that.

5. lovebff

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Be positive and think the good things that you wanna do with your life, it's just a one life to live make it count :slight_smile:

6. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    feel the discomfort .. and know its doing you good
    hope you're soon past the worst
    stick with it, man

7. Theron

I feel you, man. I'm on my second time around of coming off methadone to cope with opiate addiction (heroin the first time and OxyContin the second). It took almost a year for the withdrawal symptoms to go away completely the first time, but I'm only on month three. I'll have several really good days and then it'll strike out of the blue with bouts of vomiting and stomach cramps.

It sucks. Suck suck suck sucks.

I've got a Zofran prescription to deal with the stomach upset and Xanax to deal with the anxiety--you can also consider asking a doctor about clonidine to help manage withdrawal symptoms.

8. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Withdrawals suck I hung out with my boyfriend today so that took my mind off it a bit

9. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I wish I had an ounce of your fortitude Sam, I long to quit smoking, while not as stigmatic as opiates, but to quit the way you did the first time... gives me courage. I am sure you can do it a 2nd time =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.