1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting meaning from life

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Beware Of You, May 10, 2014.

1. Beware Of You

So I have had a rocky time for a young 23 year old, I was a Catholic Christian when I was a teen, and obviously being gay was wrong and not in "God's will" so I repressed it big time, this went on for years apart from a brief blip when I started questioning stuff and experimented, but I felt bad and became friends with a few Muslims and eventually converted to Islam for a while, eventually the repression drove me insane, I realised that religion is made up and became an atheist rather quickly.

Now that I am out of all of that I am finding it really really hard to come to terms with the point in anything. Religion gave me an idea that repressing my feelings towards guys would be rewarded with an eternity in Heaven (that sounds so stupid now) but now I can act on it, and trust me I am trying to be a nice boyfriend and happy but with no kids on my future and whatever happens my life will end, I just find it damn hard to find meaning for me being around.

I am trying to sort myself out, I am in therapy but as great as she is, she isn't a member of the LGBT community and since I know very few LGBT people apart from my boyfriend and his close friends that is it, I thought some of the people on here may have an idea

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My meaning in life?

To do something positive and leave my impression on the world. "I mattered and made the world a better place and have a part in safeguarding the future"

That's why I'm a teacher.

I also try to invest in friendships and relationships. I may not have many but what I do is put my all into the ones I have.

Also as far as the church goes, I don't go to church.

1.) If god is omniscient you think he doesn't know you don't worship him wherever you are? Why does it have to be in a building?
    2.) I hate the wrathful vengeful god. That is not what I want in a religion. The Old Testament is garbage. Why would god put someone on the earth to hate them and condemn them to hell?
    3.) Jesus would be the biggest LGBT supporter out there. New Testament for the win.