1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to let people know we're dating?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by girlonfire, May 10, 2014.

1. girlonfire

Recently my friend and I started dating, and no one really knows about it, because she's like 99% straight (one of those only exception cases--she's heterosexual) but she wants to let people to know. However, we don't want to just go public and let rumors run rampant...so we want to let only a few people know. But how do we tell them without being awkward, or suspicious, or be very serious like "we have something to tell you"? How do you let people know and let them know it's not public information?

Any information on this would be amazing. Thank you :slight_smile:

2. you could hold hand e.t.c when youre around people you want to tell and just be like yeah were dating hope you dont mind, also please dont tell anyone else we will tell people in our own time. sort of causually.

3. Skov

I understand wanting to tell a few people. The reality is that those people might just tell a few people, then those people might tell a few, etc. If you want to share your relationship, that's great. However, be aware of the very real possibility that the people that you tell will tell other people.

I personally wouldn't say anything unless we both ready to tell everyone, but if I did say something, I'd be like, "I'm dating/seeing xxx. However, I want this to stay between us."

4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've learned from coming out with my girlfriend when I was younger, if you tell one person it gets around pretty fast, so be prepared. But without actually having the awkward coming out and were dating talk, which is usually followed by 100 questions, you could hold hands and just be yourselves and eventually they will get the hint.