1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me or am I reading into it?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Down, May 12, 2014.

1. Down

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm new here so please bare with me.

There's this guy in my PE class that I've been having a crush on for a few months now. We're not really friends. We talk once in a blue moon and stuff but every now and then something happens that flares up the tiny piece of hope in my mind about him ever liking me back.

At some points, we would end up staring at each other for a few seconds out of nowhere, and occasionally I would catch him looking at me when we're in the same area together. Also, I'm one of the really un-energetic people in my PE class. Usually the good players always hog the ball and all but he (hes good at sports) passes it to me a lot, as if giving me a go and stuff.
    He messed around with me occasionally and hes friends with most of my friends except me.
    It bothers me and makes me feel really self-conscious, as if I'm too weird or something.

If you wanna know why I like him well he's really nice to me. I know, its typical human behavior but I honestly couldn't help it and I fell. T_T

I'm probably reading way into this anyway. Could be just him being friendly and all, and the whole eye staring thing could be just my imagination.
    You know what, I don't even know anymore.

I'm just feeling really bad right now and I wanted to vent that information out. I feel like my friends are getting sick of me when I talk about stuff like this (no matter how much they deny it) so I came here.

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey! Welcome to EC :grin:

Aww, that's so cute :3

Well, there's really no way of knowing at this stage. All you know for sure is that he's definitely been friendly to you, which is a positive sign!

So, what you need to do is get to know him better and try and become friends with him. You need to find a way to get to talk to him. It can be pretty scary out of the blue, but building up a friendship is really important. Here are some ideas

-You can just do something really simple like say "Hi _______. How was your weekend?" and start a conversation from there

-You can start talking about a common interest or situation. Like perhaps commenting on a pass he made or a goal he scored or something.

-You said that he's friends with some of your friends. That gives you something to work with. You can try and get one of your mutual friends to set you both up in a situation where you and him end up talking to each other. Like, getting one of your friends to invite you to the same party and introducing you. Then you just talk and hopefully things go on from there.

-After talking to him irl you can add him on facebook.

If he IS interested in you, then he'll respond positively to any of these gestures. So there's no need to be scared :slight_smile:
    After you two become better friends, and if you're still interested in him, then it will be a lot easier to get closer to him and find out if he feels the same way. The worst you can do is make a new friend :slight_smile:

Post back here with updates! I hope it goes well :grin:

3. Down

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the advice but its honestly easier said than done.

When it comes to me having a crush, be it guy or girl, I cant do anything about it. I tried talking to him once but I ended up just staring and he looked away probably thinking some weird things about me. I don't know I'm just really weak when it comes to thinking people find me annoying.

Its always why I have trouble making friends. Unless they're the ones that come up to me and talk I wouldn't even say hi to them, thinking that they would find me really annoying and in their heads really wanting me to just get lost or something.

So if I can't do it to friends I honestly don't think I'm capable of doing it to my crush, let alone one of the same gender.

Thanks for the advises though, I'll try using them soon and keep you updated when I do :grin:

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then all you need to do is work on your confidence :slight_smile:
    Maybe if you two were introduced by a mutual friend you'd feel more comfortable?
    You just need to be brave and a bit outgoing. You only get out what you put into it :slight_smile:
    People won't think you're annoying just for being friendly and talking to them a bit :slight_smile:

5. machinegundwarf

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    go for it skools almost up so u know if it goes bad u dont have to see none of them for a while