1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with crush whoes sexual orientation you don't know

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kuroi, May 12, 2014.

1. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just a quick question.
    How can I find out if a guy likes me in a way thats more than friendly?

Im asking because I know one guy for a long time and due to several events I began to think that he is attracted to me. However for numrous reason I have certain doubts about that and I wouldn't want to ruin a friendship over a chance of relationship. We still have a week of school and I feel like im runing out of time (he might feel the same as well.) and was wondering how could I approach this situation. Should I tell him I like him and see the response (I kinda hinted that however he had no reaction) or should I just ask him how he feel about me or about homosexuality in general (he kinda avoids the topic)?

2. BelleFromHell

Sorry, I have the same problem. I'm in love with my best friend, and she's questioning... :astonished:

3. Emmanuella

It's just a matter of finding creative ways to figure it out... I've done so a few times with several different crushes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Most ways involve outing yourself though...so if you want to figure out their orientation, you will HAVE TO reveal yours. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::goodluck:

4. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    He knows that I am gay and I kinda told him that I'm interested in him, though his reaction was neutral. I asked him a few times if he likes someone however he said that its no fun if i don't guess. I said names of 2 girls however he didn't say if im right but insted asked if theres a reason i think that way. I couldnt give him an answer

5. musicalshyguy

I know how you feel. A "friend" of mine who is a senior, and his last day of school is tomorrow, I've caught him staring at me and he talks to me sometimes. Apparently it was going around our school that he's bi and I'm the first person he came to to ask around. Plus, I accidentally told the wrong person about my crush on him and he found out, but he's ok with it.

6. mangotree

Here's a few (odd) ways to ask him without using the word gay.
    "Are you interested in dating the opposite sex?"
    "What's your type?"
    "Do you like rainbows?"
    "Have you seen the movie <insert any gay themed movie other than brokeback mountain>?"
    "Do you like Cher?"

On a more serious note.

You could just discreetly notice / pay attention to how he is around other guys.
    e.g. Looking them up and down, getting shy after eye contact with them, flirting a little bit with them perhaps.

It's a little bit of a long shot (and maybe a bit old-school stereotype) but if he has more female friends than he has male friends, especially if he has a female best friend, then the chances of him being gay increase quite a bit.

Do you have each other on facebook?
    There are sometimes giveaways on there as well.

Keep in mind that if he is gay, he might not be ready to come out yet and only he can decide when is right.
    Is there no way you can stay in contact after school?

Peace be with you.

7. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes we can see eachother after school however it will be rare and i fear that all emotions will be gone by then , if there are any. I believe that he isnt true with himself but theres nothing much i can do in that case

8. mangotree

If you get to the last day and you still don't have an answer either way (and you really really need/want one), then you might have to be a bit more bold. Within reason though, you don't want to hurt him. Just be honest and clear about your feelings.
    If he rejects it, then you'll have the same result as if you said nothing (you'll depart and the emotions will fade).
    There's also half a chance that he'll respond favourably.

OR you could just approach the subject after school ends, then all the stress of school will be out of the way. Maybe he's waiting until he leaves to be true to himself... just a thought.

Peace be with you.

9. Kesha

Kesha Guest

I think you should ask him to go to a movie or hang out with you and tell him that a guy has a crush on him and see how he reacts if he says he's not gay he might be denying it or he is not gay if he says who say he told me not to tell you until you tell me if your interested or not. If that doesn't work ask him out and hope for the best if he really is your friend it won't matter if your gay. Good luck!