1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prom dress no

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AJ2014, May 14, 2014.

1. AJ2014

i want to go to prom but no way am i wearing a dress ive looked at waistcoats but i think they are to casual any advice

2. wear what you feel comfortable in....

only advice i can give.
    try some suits on perhaps, and waistcoats e.t.c that you like.... just go with what you like, doesnt matter if it looks to casual.

a lot of proms seem less informal than the years before when it was mine. as long as you look smart, im sure youll be fine!

3. AJ2014

4. itsonlyrelative

The thing with prom, and I don't know how it is in your area, is that people either go in dresses or in tuxes. My school is 100% okay with girls going in tuxes and guys going in dresses (if they are going in them seriously and not in a joking manner), but they require that the dress code is kept pretty formal, because it is prom. Which sucks gets pricey, but at least those wearing a tux can get away with just renting a tux. Those going the dress route have to typically buy a dress and at my school we have so many things in place to make sure you aren't wearing the same dress as someone else.