1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She apparently doesn't like me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by pbateman, May 16, 2014.

1. pbateman

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I know I've posted stuff on here about me worrying regarding OCD, but those worries have stopped now. This is the only forum I'm on and could use some advice, please.

I'm a guy. I graduated from college last year. During that time - three years - I had two girlfriends. Also, there were two other girls - who I was and am still friends with - and they liked me at different points. Let's call them Mary and Jane. They lived together last year and this year. I'm friends with their other house mate too. Let's call her May. My exes and these girls are in various classes together so kinda know each other.

So, because I live near my old college, if I'm around I sometimes pop in to say hey to Mary, Jane and May. They have a new girl living with them (we'll call her Felicia), who when I first met I thought was nice but she had a boyfriend of two years or so, so was obviously off limits. However, about two months ago she became single, he broke it off with her. Now, I've got to know her a little bit, and she seems great. We appear to have a lot in common and she's just a really nice girl. I was invited out on a night out by Mary, Jane and May, and Felicia got a bit drunk, and I overheard her say to Mary that I have nice eyes. At least I think she did unless I imagined it so vividly. So I figured there might be a chance she liked me. Then again it might have just been a passing comment, so I'm not reading too much into that.

So I was thinking of taking the plunge and trying to get to know her more, see what happens. Until yesterday. I was around and about and was invited round by Jane. She went out and May started talking to me. My exes came up in conversation, and the fact that Mary and Jane had liked me in the past - well I found out last night that Mary still does. She even went as far to say that I liked Jane, when I never have, and I told her I just thought of them as friends. She then made a joke about me making my way through all their acquaintances. I laughed it off - because I like Felicia who is now living with them. Then she said "don't worry me and Felicia don't like you"... and I thought "well that's that then". I mean, May doesn't know I like Felicia, and Felicia doesn't know I like her. But either way, she said that.

But yeah, my question is. Is that it? Do I attempt to pursue or do I just leave it. Should I even listen to what May said? I'm just a bit lost as to what I do here, if anything. I haven't liked anyone since my last girlfriend, I've thought girls were nice, but it takes me to get to know them a bit first before I like them. I'm not someone who see's a random girl who's hot and thinks "dang I like her". In fact I was quite happy sorting my life out career wise etc before I contemplated another relationship - then BAM. Felicia comes along and if there's a chance I don't want it to slip away.

So what do I do? Any help or advice here would be great.

Thanks.

#1 pbateman, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
  2. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could be May was trying to say that she didn't like you but that sounds harsh so she said she and Felicia don't like you to take the edge off the comment. Then again it might be that May is getting the vibe that you and Felicia might be on the verge of getting together and she is trying to stop it for some reason. Could be she sees you as a bad influence or could be she doesn't want to be the only girl in the group that didn't hit it off with you. Who knows. At any rate I would be suspicious of her motives for saying that. If Felicia didn't like you why would she say you have nice eyes?