1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personality changer?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Really, May 17, 2014.

1. Really

Hi,

Has this happened to you? I am the beginning of my "journey" and I'm starting to feel a bit like my personality is changing. E.G. I feel strangely more confident - in weird ways like how I dress even though my clothes are the same, I'm happier with the "outfits" I put on.

I've also started to pepper my conversations with a bit of swearing. Not sure that's all that good. Guess I'm just feeling a bit bolder. Not taking any more shit, I guess. Oops. Did it again.

I don't know about you but I'm quite different with friends, family and at work. So am I going to have a 4th personality now? Or just 3 modified ones? Maybe I'll be lucky and they'll all merge into one.

On a side note, I was on the phone with my sister the other day and she asked "What's up? You sound giddy." Now, I didn't particularly feel giddy but who knows. I'm not someone you'd normally associate with giddiness. So...

2. Self-acceptance and coming out radically changed my demeanor, my comfort level with others, my confidence and much much more. I used to me more unhappy, more quiet, more timid, more unsure of myself. I still am each of those things sometimes, but to a far lesser extent.

It's totally a thing that happens.

Personally, I think it's totally normal to be a bit different depending on environment/present company, but yes it is possible to merge those personalities or tendencies together a bit. Could happen.

3. anaisninja

I've noticed the same changes in myself. Like I'm more ... Me.

It makes me feel kind of sad that all my life, the way I felt, my perceived normal, was less than ... all Me.

But, better late than never right.