1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a crush on my teacher

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Some Teen Boy, May 18, 2014.

1. Some Teen Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So yeah, I like my PE teacher.
    I've noticed that my grades have been progressively getting worse. I went from an A student to a D student... I know that it is definitely because of my teacher. I get so distracted and I can't pay attention in this class anymore.
    It's not because the class is disruptive or anything it's cause I can't stop thinking about my teacher. He's just so damn dreamy. He perfectly fits the 'insanely hot PE teacher' stereotype and I don't know what to do...
    Should I tell him that this has been giving me trouble or should I just ask to switch classes? I know that if I ask to switch classes, the advisor will ask why. I'm not really out to anyone so I don't think I'll be able to tell her my reasons. Do you guys think I should just tell my teacher?:dry::bang:

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nonono, do not tell your teacher. Not because of being gay, but the whole student teacher dynamic. I would not tell him.

Do you trust your advisor/guidance counselor?

3. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Kasey. Don't tell that teacher. I've known people on BOTH sides of that dynamic, and it NEVER ends well, especially for the teacher. If you trust your guidance counselor, I would tell them. If you don't exactly trust your guidance counselor, is there someone else influential in the administration you trust? When I was in HS, there were 4 different guidance counselors, the assistant principal, the principal, the athletic director, and each class/grade had 2 teachers as class advisors. If you were uncomfortable talking to your guidance counselor, you could go to one of the other ones, or others in the school administration, or one of your class advisors, though the counselors were preffered. The school I went to had about 2.5k students at any given time, graduating classes were at least 500 students, and 6-700 was not unusual. Smaller schools may not have quite as large of a staff, but still should have several people you can talk to.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ask your advisor (not the PE teacher) to change classes. You might say you're gay, but it's best not to say you have a crush on your PE teacher because some people might think he was leading you on, which is very dangerous.

5. Some Teen Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There's only one advisor, she's pretty close to my teacher. I just sat an exam and they were the only 2 people watching over us. I'm pretty she'd tell him what's going on. Don't you think they're gonna suspect if I change classes so easily?

6. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    How easily will you be allowed to change classes? If you just tell the advisor that you have personal problems which you don't want to discuss, you just want to change classes because something is bothering you, will you be allowed to do that? If you think the advisor will tell the teacher if you tell her about it, I think that'd be the best way to go. Just change the class and don't say anything about the teacher.

She's the student advisor... she shouldn't be telling the teachers these things in any case. If you don't say anything about the problem itself but request that you be allowed to switch classes, she hopefully shouldn't say anything.

7. darksky

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lol I had this problem , I had a crush in my teacher . It just started normally but then we became friends , once I asked him to have a coffee with me but he said no for teacher , student dynamic like u said , I got mad and I found his number , tbh I became obsessed , I attack anyone who talks to him , and the I found out that he went to the movies with a student I started to call him around 1 am and call and call I skipped a lot of classes to be with him I created problems to talk to him and when I finished the school he didn't call I started to call him again and again then I went to school he told me that Iam ur friend but I can't be free for u everyday I wanted to scream because I love that's why but I Just left him and now Iam ok but he asks about me from time to time :slight_smile:

8. Some Teen Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I changed subjects a few months back but it was because I generally felt like that it wasn't for me. I told her that it wasn't "for me" cause she asked a reason as to why I wanted a change. I'm pretty sure a legitimate reason is required to change anything and i'm afraid "this isn't for me" is not going to work because it's already a term and a half in. I'll give it a try anyway, worst comes to worst, I'll just tell her that it's because of my teacher...

---------- Post added 19th May 2014 at 12:56 AM ----------

What do you mean when you say "we became friends". Did you tell him about it? Does he know you have feelings towards him...

9. darksky

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No he doesn't know that I love him ' we used to talk about books movies music like thatl

10. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you really must mention the teacher, what will you say? Because it's possible that he could get into trouble for no reason, schools can be fussy about these things.