1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal ?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by the prince, May 19, 2014.

1. the prince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Every 3 or 4 days I feel very lonely, depressed and heartbroken ..... just name it :frowning2:.

I feel life is too hard to be lived, sometimes I think about suicide ( just thoughts luckily I am too chicken to do it)

I am sure If tell you what really hurts me this thread will end to a debate about religion and I don't want that :frowning2:.

I know that there are people who have worse life than me but that doesn't reduce my pain.

Maybe I am emotional right now; it's after midnight here.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there any reason why you'd be averse to discussing religion? If that is what is hurting you then that's what you need to talk about.

But if you're just depressed/stressed and tired of life for no reason, then set about finding a reason to love life and be eager to experience its treasures. It's easy to get stuck in a rut, but if you search well, you'll find things that will wow you endlessly.

3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) I understand but remember that we are God's creations. We have no right to cause ourselves suffering as we would then be guilty of a very severe sin. It is our duty to live as the best people we can become and to eschew the teachings and decrees of those who elevate themselves in this life as if they were prophets. A wise man looks inward before judging others; if he fails in this, he has missed the point God has rendered before him time and time again. Those who judge you are sinning; the act of judgment against those who have done no harm is sinful. You are as God intended for you to be and only through striving for happiness and resisting hatred can you live as you are called to.

---------- Post added 19th May 2014 at 04:46 PM ----------

The problem is that many on here hate religion. For the OP to discuss his struggles with people of such an inclination would be a fruitless endeavor.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    IDK, if there are people who really hate religion on here, I haven't seen them. Atheists? Plenty, but not of the militant variety.

5. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Check out the "What if God was among us?" thread that I started in Chit Chat. I abandoned it because of how disgusting it became.

6. blimmr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No offense but when a book says you're going to go to hell and burn and live there for a eternity... people aren't going to take it too kindly. I know I wouldn't nor do I. Though I respect other people's religion because respect should be given to everyone unless they show, they don't deserve it.

7. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I feel this way too every so often, minus the heartbreak. It's probably partly caused by loneliness, but in my case, I put it down to the natural ebb and flow of my emotions. Some days I feel great, but others I can barely motivate myself at all.
    The only things I can offer are these:
    1. Take solace in knowing that hopefully, in a few days, you'll be feeling at least somewhat better.
    2. I know it isn't as good as real life, but you have all of us here at EC to help stave off loneliness a bit.
    3. Do you have anyone to talk to about this stuff in real life? It could be helpful if you do.
    4. I won't dwell on religion too much, as you didn't seem to want to. I'll just say that sometimes it can be very difficult to reconcile ourselves with our religions/spiritualities if they have intolerant views, but your nature isn't wrong, not because you're gay(if that's the problem, just guessing, I could be wrong).
    Sorry I don't have better advice or suggestions for you, you're not alone though, lots of people go through these feelings. Hang in there! :slight_smile:

8. Kenaz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A couple of points I want to make:

(1) You may be depressed. This happens, and not just to 'those people.' We all have varying degrees of difficulties and sometimes they are just beyond our conscious control (hormones, chemicals, and so forth).

(2) It is OK to find someone professional to talk to (therapist, social worker, counselor, teacher, and so forth). I am working towards a degree in social work and I am seeking out my own counselor/therapist. It can't hurt to have another professional hear me out and offer advice or just be there.

I recommend that you seek out someone like this. Not because there is anything 'wrong' with you, at all; simply -- more people should do it. You are not abnormal. Many feel this way but IGNORE it, which does NOT make it go away, at all.

It takes COURAGE to identify these feelings, acknowledge them, and seek to work on them and improve our experience. This is true courage, strength, wisdom -- and the path to a better experience! :slight_smile:

Please let us know if we can chat or help, but I do recommend something professional or more 'concrete' in your own 'real life' (off the Interwebz :wink: ).

Hugs and kisses! :slight_smile:

9. the prince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, exactly !!! furthermore, they will start to convince me that there's no god, hell, heaven ..... etc and that's not the sort of the advice I am looking for.

I mean look I didn't discuss my problem and the argument already began.

Anyway, thank you all I am better now I'll consider your advice (*hug*)