1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An easy way to ask

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by OneProblem, May 19, 2014.

1. OneProblem

Saskatchewan ____________________ eheh get it? ;D
    So i kind of want to talk to this one guy and stuff but knowing me and my inability to talk to anybody that i have not talked to before this is putting on some serious strain for me. I would just like some help on how to meet people. Keep in mind that i don't have any other friends that know him and I'm not in any of his classes. The only thing that might help is that I have a friend that is in a class with him but does not know him, and also I was in only one of his classes, the one in most I did not talk a lot so I don't think he would remember me. If you would like to find out more I made another thread about this person but this one seemed more direct in asking for help rather than just explaining the story. Thanks for the read! ;/

2. tulipinacup

Do you even know his name? I know that by merely saying hi to this guy can be very difficult for you but sometimes we have to take chances. Try doing it without any friends with him if you are that shy, that way he would also feel more comfortable with it.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The basic rules for conversation are:

1. Find your common ground.
    2. Talk about - or better yet, ask questions about - your common ground.

You don't have a ton of common ground with this guy, other than both being in the same school. So you might have to try to make that work. You might for instance go up to him and say something like this:

"Hi, are you Fred? I'm OP. You have (class) with (teacher), right? I was thinking about taking a class with (teacher) next year, but I wanted to see how s/he was first."

Obviously, this won't work if you can't choose your teachers, or if you're graduating this month. :slight_smile: But you should be able to find some sort of topic to go on.

Lex