1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job hunting

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Hiems, May 20, 2014.

1. Hiems

Hey everyone.

So I did an interview at a supermarket for a housekeeping/maintenance position today. They will contact me by Friday to tell me whether I got the job or not.

But then five hours ago, Target posted a job opening for a pharm tech position. Now I'm in pharmacy school and have some experience in a pharmacy via rotation, so getting this job would be great. I would rather work at Target than at the supermarket because I will make $$$ while getting experience more pertinent to my future career.

But if I apply for this pharm tech job and they accept me later than Friday, and the supermarket accepts me by Friday, then I might ditch the supermarket a few days into the job. However, doing that might look bad on my job history.

What should I do?

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just go for it because there is no granite you'll get the supermarket job plus it's easier to get a job if you have one. Hope the interview goes well

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apply for both. If you have to leave the supermarket job, explain the situation to them, and offer to work a week or so until they can find a replacement. They should understand.

Lex

4. Hiems

Okay, I will do it. Also good idea Lex about offering to work for a bit until they find a replacement.

Thank you both for the advice :grin:

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let us know how you get on

6. Hiems

It turns out I didn't get either job. I got a pharm tech job phone interview at another place though. I have another question...

When I submitted my application online for that job, I forgot to include that I am currently working at a nail salon as a receptionist. This job requires some customer service skills that might be useful for the pharm tech job.

The interviewer will ask me questions about job experience based on my resume. During the interview, should I mention that I am working as a receptionist, even though it doesn't say so on my resume? If so, what is a tactful way to mention it?