1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to meet GLBT

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Eleanor, May 20, 2014.

1. Eleanor

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm bissexual (or possibily lesbian) but I know almost no one in real life that is openly GLBT. I would like to make friends and, if I'm lucky, start dating a girl :slight_smile: What places would you suggest for me to go/frequent that are easier to meet other glbt (except clubs, I'm too shy). And what safes sites would you recomend? Thank you.

2. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well this is definitely a safe site :lol: And I would say see if you have any LGBT centres near you and if you're still in high school ( can't see your age, so I'm only guessing) you could see if you're school has a GSA (gay/straight alliance)

3. nikidion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Apart from the obvious (what DestinyInfinity wrote) - sports and art places.

Maybe it's just my experience, however, I have yet to meet a gay woman who isn't into these things. Go to rock climbing places, get a bicycle, join gym, join some sports teams. Then find some friends who are very into art (esp. painting) and roam exhibits, art discussions, art meetups, stuff like that. Maybe you can even join an art club? Or a philosophy club - there's a high concentration of gay women in that field, both at professional and amateur levels. I don't know if you will meet any gay women in these places, but you will certainly make new friends and have a great time.