1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bisexual. or lesbian?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TinyBee, May 21, 2014.

1. TinyBee

i've identified as bisexual for just about a year now, but i'm starting to question my sexuality again.

i'm not really attracted to guys anymore. my straight/bi friends will occasionally send me pictures of guys they find attractive, and i don't see the big deal. sometimes i'll see dudes (that are not conventionally masculine, i should add), and i think 'oh. he's kinda cute.' but thats just about as intense as it gets. i believe any "attraction" to men i have, is liking their aesthetic. i can't really see myself with a man, either. unlike with women, who i am extremely attracted to. sexually and romantically. ...and i can definitely see myself with a woman; i'm dating a lady right now. and i've been attracted to a nonbinary individual once. and they're pretty feminine.

from that, it sounds like i'm just a full-on, flaming homo, right? yeah, it sounds like that to me, too.

but for some reason i'm hesitant to call myself a lesbian. i've always seemed to prefer that label (but i never called myself that, because at that time i was attracted to men as well.) i'm not completely sure why though. whether its because i'm afraid to say that i'm gay, because my dad might dislike that even more than he did when he thought i was bisexual. or maybe because i am scared of putting myself in a label that only accommodates one gender, which is not what i'm used to.

any advice?

---------- Post added 21st May 2014 at 07:05 PM ----------

...actually after writing that i feel like i'm having a minor epiphany of the gay variety. so i think i'm starting to figure things out, but some advice would still be nice uwu

2. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sexuality isn't always a constant thing... Feelings never really are. As for the label, maybe you just need time to get comfortable with it or something. Anyway, it's just a label. If you aren't comfortable with it there's nothing wrong with that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: this reply was kinda pointless but I hope you figure things out :slight_smile:

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Why should you label yourself? I ask myself the same thing all the time.. But I hate labelling myself.. The only time I do it is when I want to let people know my sexuality without getting into detail. Honestly.. I believe sexuality is fluid.. Judging by what you have said I do believe you like women to the point where yes, you are infact a lesbian. But who am I to say? I am not you.. I do not have your mind. Only you can answer your own questions.. We can only guide and support you.

Good Luck! x (*hug*)

4. Arrow Ace

I labelled myself a bisexual until my sex drive gradually stated to decrease and I realized I was more asexual grey-romantic. Sexuality is a very fluid thing and can change and morph as time goes by. So I wouldn't worry too much about it, I'd just enjoy it c:

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to label myself as a lesbian, but since I still felt a slight attraction to men, I decided that labeling myself as bisexual was more suitable. Although, I will admit that I am more attracted to women (always have been) and honestly, I can only see myself settling down with a woman.

I think my problem is the same as yours; I am afraid to put myself in a box because I feel like maybe I didn't give the "right" guy a chance. Not only that, I kind of feel like I'm missing out, on what? I have no idea...I mean, guys are great, but I just don't think they're for me. I guess I just dislike feeling restricted plus what if I fall in love with a guy down the line?

You sound pretty gay to me, and I think it's great how confident you are because its not easy for some to accept who they are.

#5 pinklov3ly, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014