1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

worried about my ex?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by corttney, May 22, 2014.

1. corttney

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know my ex really well. and I have always been able to tell what's going on with her. she broke up with me a few months back claiming she wasn't a lesbian anymore. The complicated part was that she never did come out as a lesbian, but as bisexual. which is what made me start to notice this in the first place. I really think she is a lesbian, but wants to be straight. I think she's really internally homophobic (she comes from an extremely homophobic, catholic, and old school family). I've seen her slowly deteriorating for these two months, like she's fighting herself inside. and in an English class were reading a book about a society with totally repressed feelings. that's when she said, it's like our society, stopping who people really are, and then she said people are being judged for being unique, like being gay. I really feel like she was talking about herself, and I'm worried. Is this all in my head, or should I try and talk I her?

2. Toast

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Maybe don't full out ask if she's gay, or anything of that type, but definitely talk to her about the fact that you're worried. Ask her if she's feeling alright, if she's been stressed, and overall, just let her know you're there for her. Be careful, though, not to make it seem like you're talking to her about your worries just because you want to get back together, etc. because that doesn't seem to be the reason here.

3. MissMook

Aw...the poor dear. :C

There's nothing wrong with a little conversation if you feel it really seems like it's troubling her. Don't be pushy, though, you wouldn't want her to think you're just trying to get back with her. Be supportive and let her know you're there for her, at least as her friend.

Best of luck to the two of you.