1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

University LGBTQ Center?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Toast, May 23, 2014.

1. Toast

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm 17 years old, and the university in my city has an LGBTQ center, but there is no teen center, unlike in some other cities in the state. The closest teen center is about two hours away, and I'm still pretty closeted. Do you think I would be welcome in the university center? I'm working at the university this summer, so I might make a visit, just to see what it's all about. I haven't found anything on the website about age restrictions, but yeah.

Thoughts?

2. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say go for it! I don't think they would shun somebody out just for seeking people to connect with...

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not in the habit of guaranteeing anything, but I'm very certain you would be welcomed. Unless it's a very small university, I imagine they'd assume you're just a freshman in college.

You can get in contact with one of the people running the group if you'd like to be sure, but I believe you'll be fine.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It wouldn't hurt to give it a try. It is quite possible that they would welcome you, without you being a student at the university. Try to attend a meeting or drop into the centre and see how it goes. :slight_smile: