1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I am ready to date girls, help!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LunaRC, May 25, 2014.

1. LunaRC

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So. I have been struggling a lot lately trying to come to terms with my sexuality. I am almost 24, and feel like I might be a little late to the coming out party. I know that I am not straight - maybe bisexual? Honestly, I don't really think I am attracted to men at all. I don't enjoy having sex with them, and my boyfriends have kind of just been like really good friends.

Anyhow - I think the next step for me is to date girls. How do I do this? I know this is probably a dumb question. I live in the south - and don't really know how to find girls to date. I kind of have always sucked at finding guys to date. Online dating feels kind of weird to me. Help!

Also - I am not out to anyone. I am afraid this will complicate things.

---------- Post added 25th May 2014 at 08:42 PM ----------

New to this forum. I guess I should have posted this in the Family/Friends/Relationship forum. Sorry!

2. Tetra

Honestly, I've been trying to figure this out. I mean, joining groups on campus will help (especially LGBT related).
    Also, bars/clubs and stuff, if you're into that.
    Other than that, I guess just socializing with people at work/school, going to parties, and LGBT events. All this is advice I need to follow myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm at this stage in life as well. I'm planning to just join an online dating site and see what happens. If that fails I guess I have to come out of the closet for real.

4. wanderinggirl

Hay hay, another late comer-outer! I'm still struggling with all this so I don't know if I can be much help. It's a lot to process alone, and building a support network takes time especially when every other gay around seems to have it figured out. I feel like everyone made LGBT friends and were involved in organizations throughout high school and college while I was still "straight" and starting adult life and coming out without those support systems in place kinda sucks.

That was a downer note. On a positive note... there are tons of places to meet people! There are LGBT centers in a lot of different cities. Check if there's one near you. Dating sites aren't skeezy if you filter out skeezy people; tons of people are looking for new friends or long-term relationships on there, or a non-skeezy fling/short-term relationship. You might be able to use a certain site to "meet-up" (hint) with people in a large group. Gay-friendly bookstores might have queer events. None of these things involve straight people finding you out.