1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My work place.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Destabilise, May 27, 2014.

1. Destabilise

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, basically, I work in health care as a nursing support, basically a glorified name for a health care assistant. Lately I've been getting treated like the dirt on someone's shoe by my colleagues and today I finally snapped. I left work and went home to destress when my shift finished and chill. It didn't work like that, I got texts from my colleagues moaning at me for things that I had apparently done, which I hadn't. So I phoned my manager and asked her am I that hated in my work place, am I that bad at my job and it's making me want to leave. I now have an 'appointment' with her tomorrow and she's asked me to make a complaint against them and to screenshot all the texts as this is bullying and harassment.

What is the best way to do this? I don't have exact dates or times that other things have been happening. I'm also worried that this is going to make things worse at work. Eurgh :frowning2:

2. Colours

Try to mostly describe things from your point of view. How you experience it. Don't blame them for things too much. It will come across as less respectful and professional.

I mean, this is a problem. You should feel safe at work. Don't be afraid to ruin things. Can things get much worse? You have this appointment so that your manager can help you. She'll probably have a professional way to go about it that won't make things worse. :slight_smile: Good luck!

3. Vaettfang

All I can say is... ^THIS^

4. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like Colours said, your manager hopefully has a good idea of what she's doing, but it'd be good for you to be as professional and non-emotional as possible. Outline what is happening, what specifically is bothering you, and say that you wish merely to resolve the problems, not create more.

I'm glad you contacted your manager - I'm really curious to hear how your meeting goes, to be honest. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Destabilise

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I won't lie, I'm pretty peeved off.
    Turns out the other staff have been making complaints about me saying I don't pull my weight and I don't work as well as I should, even though my manager has turned around and said to me that she doesn't feel that they were telling the truth. So I told her what is really going on and she told me that she will deal with it, but I also told her that if things don't start improving I will be applying for another job elsewhere and I shouldn't feel that I don't want to go to work and wonder if I can get away with ringing in sick every morning. At that point she asked me if I still want to go and do my nursing training and I said yes and she told me that if I do, she will back me the whole way and she also also give me a cracking reference if I do feel that I want to move to another nursing home or to the hospitals and work there.
    She also stated that she has noticed that I do get a lot of trouble from the other workers and all that so things should hopefully start improving!

6. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just stick to the truth and provide the evidence you have. You don't have to do anything other than that.

Try not to worry about the situation at work. If people are found to be harassing you, they will be disciplined. If they continue after or take it out on you, you just report them again. They will eventually get dismissed if they keep it up.

Happy days :slight_smile: