1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate couples

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bsolitaire, May 27, 2014.

1. bsolitaire

Immature but..yes. I hate couples. Recently, every girl I've liked is in a relationship...I'm turning 26 and never been in a relationship. I'm getting bitter and jealous. Couples make me feel like there's something wrong with me: not pretty enough, not witty enough, not interesting enough..or not outgoing enough..what am I doing wrong...why do some even get married happily at 25. And here I am...never had someone who could return my feelings..

Any advice? Thanks

2. Ravi-VIXX777

I wouldn't start blaming yourself. I've heard stories of lonely men in there 40s. I will touch on the idea of not outgoing enough. You don't need to be outgoing, but you will have to get out of your comfort zone/shell to meet anyone, and for anyone to me you. You seem to hate what you don't understand, which is common for humans. Why not ask the girl in the couple about how they met or what she did. Just some quick tips, dress nice-but not overdoing it, smile, and seem pleasant. Who wants to be around a pessimist all the time? Goodluck!!

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel the same as you. Most of my school friends are already married, and have at least one or two kids. Even my sister, who is a year older than I am, is married and has a daughter. I feel like I'm missing something too. And the longer I stay single, the worse I feel about myself

4. mangotree

Being single is in no way a reflection on how valuable and beautiful you are as a person.
    There's a lot of good things about relationships, but there's also a lot of good things about being single.
    I'd suggest having fun with it while you've got it, because relationships aren't all roses and rainbows, they are hard work and often include a lot of stress and heart-ache.

If you really really really want a relationship, perhaps consider the idea that wanting one is what's stopping you from having one / finding one.
    It's a very difficult mindset to get into, but as soon as you become happy in yourself, happy being single and calm down on the "looking for the one", all the beautiful people start coming out of the woodwork and want to get to know you or date you.
    That's my experience anyway.
    To get what you want, you often have to give up on wanting it.

Just a few thoughts.
    Probably not much help.

Peace be with you.

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree completely with what Mangotree stated above, just as there are successful relationships, there can be the idea of successfully being single. And yes, if you are a happy person in that situation, ironically, it makes for an easier way in to a relationship!

6. polarpol

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have observed that relationships are a lot like marketing. Coca Cola (the drink) looks like microwaved chemical X, but it sells millions because they know how to call people's attention. It's not that you're bad, is the fact that you don't know how to advertise yourself. Which is okay, since many good people are rather lousy when it comes to it.

7. thekillingmoon

I know what you mean. I even avoid becoming friends with people who are in relationships. It makes me feel like we live in completely different worlds. I'm much more comfortable around social misfits like myself, except it's rare to meet any.

8. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Mangotree is absolutely right. Being comfortable and happy with yourself while single makes other people comfortable around you, and open to the idea of dating you :slight_smile: