1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help going to a pride party don't want my parents to know !!!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stocking, May 28, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So , I decided to go to the pride party in my town this Sunday , my dad asked me where it was and I lied and said I forgot the name of the place , he wants me to tell my mom I'm going to a party this weekend but I'm scared to tell her because if I try to use the same lie she'll try to find out more about the place and what type of party is happening on Sunday what do i do guys , I don't want my parents to know I'm a lesbian at least not yet . Help !!!:help:
    Can't a lesbian party will other lesbians and other lgbt people in peace with out being asked :tantrum:

2. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there a reason you can't tell her where it is, or is it a known gay community? If it isn't, I don't see the issue in telling your parents exactly where it is, and that it's just a party and some of your friends are going. You're technically not lying, you're just omitting. That's what I would do. Try to give them as much information as possible without giving anything away, so they won't snoop looking for more information.

Btw, it says you're 25...I don't mean to be rude or anything, but aren't you old enough to decide for yourself what you do and don't do? Your parents really shouldn't have much say at this point in your life...

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's not a gay community but the party is hosted by a gay center that caters to the lgbt community . I guess I could tell .
    If only I can be treated like my actual age :dry: but since I live under their roof I'm treated like a child

4. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

It's not that hard to say that you're going to hang out with a friend and *ahem* "do whatever." That way your parents wouldn't be inquiring as to what's happening because you supposedly don't know either. If they ask for pictures say your battery died, if they ask for proof leave your phone on with brightness on full. If they want to know who it is with, make up somebody or tell them a name that would sound familiar like mixing an old childhood friend with a different common last name.

And if they still don't believe you then your parents are crazy :grin: You can always say that you're going out shopping alone... without parents or going to grab a cup of coffee at your local Dunkin' Hortons and staying out that way for a bit. Lying becomes an art, just go with it- what's the worst if you're out too late or if you jut don't tell them at all?

5. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah I see...that makes sense. I would just say that you're going out with a couple friends. And make up going somewhere.
    I know how you feel about being treated your own age though. My step mom treats me like I'm six years old all the time and it really bugs me. And there's not much I can do about it because I still live under her roof...hopefully I'll be out sometime this year.

I mean this in the literal coming out sense and out of my house...omg, killed two birds with one stone there! Cool! :lol:

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I did what you guys said and it worked thanks so much ^^ :slight_smile:
    I can be at the pride party yay ( they don't know it's a pride party lol )(!) party ! party! (!!)

7. juliegt6

Nice! Have fun. Not too much though!

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I will :slight_smile:

9. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Say it's at one of your friends houses.