1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

job offer

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by redneck, May 29, 2014.

1. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so one of the guys I hook up with on a regular basis offered me a job driving a truck for him. I have the experience to have got the job on my own merits anyway (overs million safe miles). I told him I'd talk to him professionally about the job, but if I took it that it would end our sexual relationship. He agreed that that would be fine.

I'm worried that if I take the job that in the future our history would create friction. Should I take the job?

BTW I already have a factory job.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you WANT the job?

3. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I love driving

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is this guy likely to make your life difficult? I mean does he seem the type?

5. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I doubt it. And even if he was the type I know things he doesn't want his wife knowing.

But there is exactly my concern. I'm afraid that either I'm going to be special and other drivers are going to wander why or I'm going to be the guy he comes down on hardest just to prove I'm not special.

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well as you say, he can't treat you 'special' because he'll piss off everyone else, and he can't treat you pointlessly hard because you have leverage...

It's worth a discussion I think...

7. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it doesn't matter now. I went to the DMV to get a copy of my driving record and they told me my CDL was invalid and i would have to have a new physical to make it valid again. I clearly asked them if that was the only thing I needed. They said yes.

My buddy had set up an appointment for me to take a drug screen so i called the place and made an appointment to take a physical at the same time. I got the physical card and returned to the DMV. They went to enter it and it said that because i didn't do this back in October that i would have to completely take my driving test again All Three Parts to get my CDL back. Then they kept my CDL license and made me pay $10 so I would have a license to drive a friggin car!

I called my buddy and told him what happened. I spent $85 for a physical $10 for a license and wasted gas and a day running all over town plus i didn't get to sleep today and gotta get around and go to the job i don't quit in 15minutes. My buddy's response? He is pissed at me because he had to pay $40 for a drug screen, and after me shelling out almost a hundred bucks I really didn't have, today I can't afford to pay for the drug screen.

So I'm out a hundred bucks, lost a fuck buddy, and now I have to go back to my old job tonight without getting any sleep. Yup, it's one of those days.

8. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  9. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh and the really screwed up thing. Usually when a company hires you in they pay for the physical and the driving record ($20), but because he was my buddy I agreed to pay for them. It could have cost him $145 and he is on my ass when I paid all but $40! (I didn't pick up the driving record)

10. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So all in all, actually probably dodged a bullet if he's getting all bent out of shape over something like this...

11. Hyaline

I totally agree with this. $40 isn't a big deal when you hire and fire employees. If was your buddy, he'd have found a way to help make it happen for you. <sigh>