1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overwhelmingly Homesick

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Dino14, May 29, 2014.

1. Dino14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, so here's the thing! I just need an outlet as most of my flatmates are studying for their upcoming exams and I don't want to distract them with my burdens.

I am ridiculously homesick, which is both upsetting and frustrating! I literally have a week left of university; my last exam will be on Tuesday and then I go home on the Sunday. Also, I only came back here on Tuesday after going home for my birthday. The thing is, ever since getting back I've been an emotional wreck, just wanting to go home and having no motivation to do anything!

What can I do to get me out of this slump?

2. Hyaline

When I got that way when I was in the military, I started counting down the days till I was going home. I know it seems silly, but every hour that passed was another hour closer to being home with my family.

If you only have a few days left, focus on the important things you need to finish so you can leave without doing your best.

The odd part about leaving and going home is that one day, you'll miss where you are right now. Even if it was an emotionally taxing time of your life..

Hang in there, get that school work and studying done and pack up your stuff in prep for going home.....