1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I feel so jealous?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Radioactive Bi, May 31, 2014.

1. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So let me explain the situation.

About a month ago, my ex wife went to Madrid with a couple of friends. When she was there she met a guy and they exchanged details. The guy lives in Italy but is originally from Pakistan. He seems nice and everything from what I've heard. They have been in regular contact via text.

So anyway, she has gone to Paris this weekend to meet him. He had a tournament going on there. She will probably spend most of the days touring the sites by herself but will no doubt they will be spending time together.

The thing is, the whole thing is making me feel really jealous. I don't want too. We broke up around 8 months ago although we are still very close (we also have to kids) and we see a lot of each other. She has told me all about him and I think she isn't sure it's going to go anywhere or get really serious due to the geographical issues. But still, I feel really jealous.

I asked if they were stopping in the same hotel together which she refused to answer although in retrospect perhaps it was an inappropriate question. I think however, the thought of her "being" with another man really gets me agitated (not that she necessarily will do this, idk).

I wish I didn't feel this way as I genuinely want her to be happy and it's not my place to tell her what to do or encroach on her life.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

Happy days :slight_smile:

2. Najlen

You may not be completely over her. I don't have much advice for this one, but maybe try to explore your feelings about her and see what you find. Good luck!

3. Rumpletubb

That sounds like a tough situation.

Even though I've never been married, it's usual to still feel like that the person you've been with still belongs to you, that she's still yours. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Sadly, since you're not in a relationship anymore, you just have to work your way through it.
    To be blunt, what she does is no longer any of your business (which I know you are already aware of) as long as it doesn't affect your children negatively.

Your jealousy will pass. Your breakup is still fresh, it's gonna be a pain. Find something else to occupy your mind with and wait it out.

Good luck and I hope it'll get better soon!