1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure what to do

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Alteak, May 31, 2014.

1. Alteak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's this guy I've liked for a while. I have no idea if it's a mutual feeling, but I've gotten clues that it could possibly be. Anyway, he lives around 40 minutes away from me and because of that, I tried as hard as I could to quit thinking about him. I'm 16 years old and don't have my license or a job so even thinking of liking someone 40 minutes away is not a good idea for me.

But because I tried to move on, I felt like meeting someone new would be a good way to forget about the guy. This other guy sent me a request on Facebook and then messaged me. We talked for a while and he started flirting with me. I thought it was mutual, so I started flirting back and we began talking on the phone. I was 100% positive that I liked him for a while. But now that I've started picturing us together as a couple, I don't know if I feel the same. We're complete opposites; everything that I do offends him. I basically can't be myself around him. My friends keep pushing me to give him a chance because he's an extremely responsible person. He's really smart and does the right thing.

I told him that I wasn't sure how I felt after a while of us talking. But when I saw my friends the night after I said that, they convinced me that he's a good influence on me and that I need to give him a chance. So I ended up texting him and talking about how there could possibly be something between us at some point. The next morning, I thought about it again and realized how unhappy and lonely I was with him.

So, because of feeling lonely, I started thinking about the other guy again. His friends have been adding me on every social network, which really makes me think that there's a mutual feeling. Thinking about him, I feel happy and like we have a chance. We have common interests and the same sense of humor about a lot of stuff.

I feel like my problem is pretty clear at this point. I just have no idea how to get out of the situation I've gotten myself into :bang:

2. Najlen

I think that the first guy sounds worth it, even if he's 40 minutes away. If you can hardly stand the other guy, that doesn't sound like a good situation to be in. If the first guy likes you back, if you explain things to him, he'll understand.